Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:25:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too  (Read 4139 times)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« on: April 21, 2016, 09:50:32 AM »

It amazes me how many Americans want to cut the their own legs off in order to spite the rest of the world. Nationalism is a poison.
I really doubt many people are voting for Trump just to mess with the rest of the world.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 01:26:26 PM »

It amazes me how many Americans want to cut the their own legs off in order to spite the rest of the world. Nationalism is a poison.
Nationalism is a great thing. It just doesn't mix too well with globalism. I would prefer it if the US had no allies - no obligations to other countries - due to how little the rest of the world could do (relatively) for us.

If you are a nationalist you should stop calling yourself a left-winger. Nationalism is selling-out the international working-class to the elite for the sake of some miserable lines on a map.

I really doubt many people are voting for Drumpf just to mess with the rest of the world.

I've seen it a lot. People like "screw the rest of the world, we're America". Even Sanders supporters which is grim.
That may be true (I personally don't know many Trump supporters), but seems to me that they are more in favor of America first rather than "screw the rest of the world", which is a side effect they are willing to accept.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies