Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if blacks don't vote 4 Hillary(CNN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:59:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if blacks don't vote 4 Hillary(CNN)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if blacks don't vote 4 Hillary(CNN)  (Read 1188 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 10:12:22 AM »

Funny, how our Trumpista friends here cannot avoid raping the English language. You would think it should not be a Mexican standing up to its defence Smiley
Mallow
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »

If you actually watched the full speech, you'd know your subject line is crap. He said it would be a 'personal insult' if the African American community didn't turn out to vote.

Bump.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 10:18:58 AM »

It's embarrassing to see the standard of discussion here slowly descend to the level of a Yahoo News comment section.

incite

The only one who is inciting smthg here is you. And that something is hate.

After you just made nasty disturbing post about rape?

Hey, he's just "telling like it is". Aren't you supposed to "refuse to be politically correct"?

That post was completely out of bounds.  
Just like calling Mexicans rapists, right?

Wow, for all of Trump supporters' whining about "political correctness", they often illustrate better than anyone else why it exists in the first place.

LOL!

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »

It's embarrassing to see the standard of discussion here slowly descend to the level of a Yahoo News comment section.

incite

The only one who is inciting smthg here is you. And that something is hate.

After you just made nasty disturbing post about rape?

Hey, he's just "telling like it is". Aren't you supposed to "refuse to be politically correct"?

That post was completely out of bounds.  
Just like calling Mexicans rapists, right?

Wow, for all of Trump supporters' whining about "political correctness", they often illustrate better than anyone else why it exists in the first place.

LOL!

Well, this is, indeed, my point. PC is what has kept the society civil and at peace. It was only objectionable to the deplorable crowd because it recognised the non-whites as part of that society. Well, they have asked for it.
oriass16
Rookie
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2016, 10:41:36 AM »

I believe Obama made one racist speech last night, what if trump said it would be an insult if white people vote for Clinton, the media would blow up against him and it is going to be like the end of his campaign.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 10:42:48 AM »

I believe Obama made one racist speech last night, what if trump said it would be an insult if white for Clinton, the media would blow up against him and it is going to be like the end of his campaign.

Well, and I do not believe you want to know what I believe about you. So, be careful here Smiley

Yep, in the world of Trump even the greetings to the forum will now look like this.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 10:45:08 AM »

Actually, "for Clinton" is a lie, so there's that gone. Basically, he wants the empowerment of blacks (a historically, and continuedly, disadvantaged group, unlike whites) to be a part of his legacy, and encouraging them to turn out to vote is a big part of that (increasing their political power).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 11:21:31 AM »

Obama was putting things mildly. If you don't want to end up hanging from a tree, you had better not vote for Trump. There are white supremacists out there who think that if Trump becomes President that they can go out and declare open season on non-whites.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 11:41:03 AM »

That's an awful way of putting it, but I can see what he was trying to say.
oriass16
Rookie
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »

with all due respect, I believe there are more black supremacists than white and you know what I have a prove on average 94% of black vote goes to Obama in his two elections, while the white vote was almost evenly spitted .
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 12:07:24 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2016, 12:09:34 PM by Virginia »

Oh for christs sakes, even CNN is pushing misleading titles and stories. Here is the actual quote:

"I will consider it a personal insult -- an insult to my legacy -- if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote."

He said GO VOTE, not GO VOTE FOR CLINTON. I'm sure he knows them voting means almost unanimously voting for Clinton, but he never said that explicitly as some people here and in the media seem to think.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »

Oh for christs sakes, even CNN is pushing misleading titles and stories. Here is the actual quote:

"I will consider it a personal insult -- an insult to my legacy -- if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote."

He said GO VOTE, not GO VOTE FOR CLINTON. I'm sure he knows them voting means almost unanimously voting for Clinton, but he never said that explicitly as some people here and in the media seem to think.

The OP is very misleading.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 12:49:25 PM »

This thread is somehow even worse than I expected from the awful title!
Things are getting ugly around here, my friends.  A lot of people who believe truly deplorable things have crawled out of the woodwork.  But ultimately, love will win.

Agree.
But what do you expect from the OP ..... it is StatesPoll.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »

Well, the Dems have been taking black voters for granted for generations now, and now that they really need them, Obama gets nervous and pushes the panic button, in a desperation move, using fear mongering.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2016, 12:55:20 PM »

Well, the Dems have been taking black voters for granted for generations now, and now that they really need them, Obama gets nervous and pushes the panic button, in a desperation move, using fear mongering.

And trump basically bragging about the recent bombings in NY/NJ is not "fear mongering" at all.
He deeply, deeply cares about all those people/victims.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2016, 01:24:40 PM »

with all due respect, I believe there are more black supremacists than white and you know what I have a prove on average 94% of black vote goes to Obama in his two elections, while the white vote was almost evenly spitted .

We´ve had these sort of discussions before, and I would say I summarize the general opinion here well, if I say that we have concluded that anybody making this argument is either an idiot or a congenital liar. Which one of the two you happen to be?

In any case, who cares about abstract white or black supremacists. I prefer particular examples. Clearly, we have a user oriass16 represeting the former here.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2016, 01:30:18 PM »

Locking this thread because it is already spiraling into just a bunch of attacks and ugliness
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies