Who won the Obamacare debate tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:22:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Who won the Obamacare debate tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who won the Obamacare debate tonight?
Bernie Sanders

Ted Cruz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Who won the Obamacare debate tonight?  (Read 3250 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 06:43:12 PM »

Yeah, Bernie sounded arrogant to hard-working businesspeople. Big minus. Still does not mean Cruz won.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 06:44:00 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2017, 08:07:20 PM by Shadows »

Bernie's Medicare doesn't need Employee to give Health Insurance, he could have easily avoided that answer & said you won't have that problem in my plan. But he is not dishonest like Cruz & answered how he felt. Any1 can come & say my business is a low profit one & no1 knows what the truth is. She can charge lower prices by not paying health insurance (compared to people with 50+ people who have to give Insurance). People with 80-100 employees should provide health insurance otherwise there is little use generating such lousy jobs. Or you could lie & say, don't give Insurance for any1 with 50+ employees - That would mean let employees die or go bankrupt.

Bernie Sanders did start to answer about his plan being more affordable for 95% etc but was cut off by Jake Tapper. Ted Cruz did a great job to appeal to his base - Basically you can lie about anything & get away with it because they are driven be ideology & not knowledge.

When billions of people are provided quality Healthcare across countries, you can easily find a Sam or a Sally on a Saturday who couldn't get hip replacement & you can't argue with such stories. Every system will have stray issues. Bernie should have done a better job citing global stats, WHO Rankings, Stats on Mortality, etc on healthcare of different countries but I don't think he was prepared for that - He was arguing about costs. These stray stories among billions will only convince people who have not visited other countries, haven't studied various systems & are massively mis-informed or are guided by ultra conservative ideology.

What was Cruz's plan? He offered none. And neither did he answer any tough audience question - Will the person with pre-existing condition die or be bankrupt? Cruz said downright derogatory things like Birth Control is like driving a Luxury car, Pixie dream of healthcare & what not. The person who asked the Medicaid question said Cruz didn't answer what will happen to her. Neither did Cruz answer the pregnant woman properly & went to a ran about public healthcare.

Cruz also was badly owned in the Affordability/Access thing & the Estate Tax issue.

Bernie - Ted's plan will give huge tax breaks to millionaires & billionaires
Cruz - Not true

How on earth is a flat tax of 10% from a top rate of 39-40% not a huge tax break for billionaires?

Atleast  Trump would have admitted. Lyin' Ted
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 08:27:41 PM »

Thank you, we have already counted your vote.

Bernie Sanders won  48.74%  (23,038 votes)

Ted Cruz won  45.87%  (21,681 votes)

I really don't think either one did a good job  2.7%  (1,275 votes)

They tied  2.68%  (1,269 votes)

Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »

Didn't watch the debate, but I'm really shocked that there isn't a uniform consensus that Bernie won. I've just always considered him a much stronger debater than Ted Cruz and was concerned that Cruz was a poor choice to bring out the conservative argument. So way to go, Ted, proving me wrong!

Also, they held this debate at a bad time. Ain't nobody paying attention to this right now. All the attention is on Trump's cabinet picks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 09:39:47 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2017, 09:41:36 AM by Torie »

The rent seeking comment about health care services, seemed to focus on the opiate scandal. And that is a scandal. Obviously whatever the health care delivery system is, it needs tight regulation, and certainly the providers cannot be trusted to regulate themselves.

I am pleased we seem to agree more on educational issues.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies