I just noticed the popular vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:47:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  I just noticed the popular vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just noticed the popular vote  (Read 4104 times)
JNB

« on: November 30, 2004, 11:20:56 PM »

Actually the CO result this year, with Bush taking a little under 52% of the vote isint that much different than the 88 election where his father took 53% of the vote. The main difference is the GOP can not even crack 30% in Denver any more, and doesnt do much better in boulder, and the GOP got bombed out in the resort areas.

As for NV, it was closer, but Bush mainted 50%, and except for the 80s, NV has allways been a swing state. With the dramatic increase in voter registration in NV, especially in Democrats, Bush did better than many expected.
JNB

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 12:12:57 AM »

GW Bush was not the best canidate this year or in 2000, nor was Kerry that bad of a canidate. The 9/11 issue only went so far, and the Iraq issue actually helped Bush as much as it hurt him at best. What I see 2004 was unlike 88, 84 or 72, the so called lonely landslides, was the GOP was active on the grass roots, and did their homework building party organizations, that produced a victory in spite of a so so canidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies