Clinton campaign supports intelligence briefings for the EC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:40:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton campaign supports intelligence briefings for the EC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton campaign supports intelligence briefings for the EC  (Read 1298 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: December 12, 2016, 06:10:36 PM »

Between this and the recount effort, it seems democrats may never be able to emotionally accept that Trump won the election.
i hope not! surrendering to fascism hasn't worked out too well for, well, anyöne ever.
How is Trump a fascist?

From Wikipedia:

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties. Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party— to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society. Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political violence, war, and imperialism  as means that can achieve national rejuvenation. Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.

For the record, I don't think Trump is a fascist. I don't think he has any overarching ideology beyond amassing as much power and influence as possible. However, he has largely used the same playbook as fascist movements in accruing that power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies