Senator Menendez (D-Israel)' Sanctions bill could threaten Iran Negotiations. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:32:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senator Menendez (D-Israel)' Sanctions bill could threaten Iran Negotiations. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senator Menendez (D-Israel)' Sanctions bill could threaten Iran Negotiations.  (Read 1188 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: December 22, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how the United States, which dropped two atomic bombs on the Japanese in 1945, has the moral authority to tell any nation on this planet that it cannot produce nuclear weapons.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how the United States, which dropped two atomic bombs on the Japanese in 1945, has the moral authority to tell any nation on this planet that it cannot produce nuclear weapons.

I thought you supported that? Aren't you a big Harry Truman fan?

The times they are a-changin'. Tongue
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »

Iran has treated this "agreement" like a joke from the start. It's pretty clear that this is just a way for Obama to ease up the pressure in stages because he doesn't have a real plan to stop Iran from getting nukes and isn't about to get the US into a conflict with them.

This is his own party standing up and saying that no, this isn't acceptable.

Because, god forbid, not getting into a conflict with Iran would be a travesty.

I don't want a conflict with Iran, but it's preferable to a total surrender, which is the likely outcome of this deal. Iran gives nothing, and the US gets cover to disengage.

How can we surrender to a country we aren't at war with? Iran having the bomb is far less of a threat to the average American than is a United States Congress or President who decides mass slaughter of American boys and girls is in the interest of the United States.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies