How exactly did John Kerry win the nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:09:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How exactly did John Kerry win the nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How exactly did John Kerry win the nomination?  (Read 4943 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: December 01, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »

The insiders in the party also felt like he was the best candidate to counter Bush's advantage on security and national defense, seeing as he won 3 purple hearts. Of course, we know how that turned out.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »

Yeah.. I don't quite understand why a lot of people here are thinking that the Dean Scream had anything to do with Kerry winning. Of course, this was over 8 years ago, and most of the people here thinking it had something to do with it were probably 6. Senior Mikado is pretty much spot on tough, I always saw it more as Kerry was able to gain momentum by letting Dean and Gephardt fight it out and tear each other down.

I agree with this. Dean was already on the decline. It was also notable, however, as one of the first viral moments in politics. This was around the time that streaming videos online became very accessible to most people and I remember the clip being circulated around a lot over the internet, which magnified the gaffe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies