MA: Mideast Personal Tax Reform Act of 2014 (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:35:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Mideast Personal Tax Reform Act of 2014 (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Mideast Personal Tax Reform Act of 2014 (Debating)  (Read 1737 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: February 09, 2014, 06:01:13 PM »

I don't quite understand the bit about healthcare plans. What happened to our national government program?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »

I don't quite understand the bit about healthcare plans. What happened to our national government program?

Fritzcare is still in place. The HSA credits are staying because HSA's make healthcare more efficient, reduce stress, and cut down on overutilization. That's why the credit is staying. There is a senate bill in the queue right now to increase emphasis on HSA's.

OK, I misunderstood then. Thanks for clarification.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 03:52:33 PM »

I also prefer a relatively progressive taxation system. I don't feel tax cuts (particularly for the wealthy) are good policy.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »

I also prefer a relatively progressive taxation system. I don't feel tax cuts (particularly for the wealthy) are good policy.

There are far better methods of taxation than a highly progressive tax system. The bills tax structure as it currently stands is just fine. Wealthy individuals already pay higher in terms of sales taxes. If anything we need to scrap taxing income and go more towards other methods.

Absurd.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »

Because there isn't any better fairer way to tax than through a progressive income tax. Saying wealthy individuals pay "higher" in sales tax is....well....a nonsense comment. Of course they pay more, as they buy more, because they make more money with which they can buy things. That doesn't mean they're being treated unfairly. Quite the contrary.

What you're implying is....absurd.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 04:35:44 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2014, 05:39:53 AM by Franzl »

Because there isn't any better fairer way to tax than through a progressive income tax. Saying wealthy individuals pay "higher" in sales tax is....well....a nonsense comment. Of course they pay more, as they buy more, because they make more money with which they can buy things. That doesn't mean they're being treated unfairly. Quite the contrary.

Taxing the rich persons income progressively higher is simply immoral. Exodus 30:11-15 clearly supports a uniform flat tax which is proven to work. So yes the rich person is being unfairly treated in the current progressive taxation structure.  A fair and just tax system is one where the rate is uniform if there must be an income tax.

This isn't a theocracy, using a passage from Exodus isn't a valid argument. (Not to mention, it's a very odd interpretation of that passage)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 09:17:05 AM »

Taxing the rich persons income progressively higher is simply immoral. Exodus 30:11-15 clearly supports a uniform flat tax which is proven to work. So yes the rich person is being unfairly treated in the current progressive taxation structure.  A fair and just tax system is one where the rate is uniform if there must be an income tax.

This isn't a theocracy, using a passage from Exodus isn't a valid argument. (Not to mention, it's a very odd interpretation of that passage)

You're correct that it's not a theocracy. However Atlasian law is rooted in American jurisprudence which is further rooted in a Judeo-Christian worldview (though we have strayed far from that) thus Biblical influences should be there.

If you're going to go this route, at least interpret them intelligently.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 12:31:55 PM »

Taxing the rich persons income progressively higher is simply immoral. Exodus 30:11-15 clearly supports a uniform flat tax which is proven to work. So yes the rich person is being unfairly treated in the current progressive taxation structure.  A fair and just tax system is one where the rate is uniform if there must be an income tax.

You're correct that it's not a theocracy. However Atlasian law is rooted in American jurisprudence which is further rooted in a Judeo-Christian worldview (though we have strayed far from that) thus Biblical influences should be there.

If you're going to go this route, at least interpret them intelligently.

As we've been using a progressive system for over a hundred years rife with unfairness it's the progressive who should explain why we should keep using a broken system.

1.) I dispute the unfairness of the progressive system. The best argument you apparently are capable of making involves a verse from the Old Testament. I don't think I'm the one that needs to provide further justification for a system you inaccurately describe as broken.

2.) If you're going to be quoting the Bible in a political debate, I would at least attempt to interpret the passage you're using in an intelligent and reasonable way.

kthxbye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies