Liechtenstein Landtag election - 7th February 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:43:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Liechtenstein Landtag election - 7th February 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liechtenstein Landtag election - 7th February 2021  (Read 4448 times)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: December 20, 2020, 07:27:28 PM »

TL;DR Liechtenstein is right-wing af? Good.

I also now feel an urge to start a San Marino politics thread, but alas, I've just found out I missed the administrative elections there for twenty days. I'll try to cover its 'glorified municipal politics' next time they have a general election or a referendum though.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 07:43:32 AM »

TL;DR Liechtenstein is right-wing af? Good.

I also now feel an urge to start a San Marino politics thread, but alas, I've just found out I missed the administrative elections there for twenty days. I'll try to cover its 'glorified municipal politics' next time they have a general election or a referendum though.

San Marino is a left wing equivalent of Liechtenstein, pretty much?

Exactly.
It's not surprising, given the part of Italy that San Marino is surrounded by (to be fair, said part of Italy has been drifting right recently, but of course San Marino has no Lega equivalent).
It's also not surprising, given that Liechtenstein is still a constitutional monarchy where the prince enjoys significant political power, while San Marino has been a republic since time immemorial. Although to be honest "republic" pretty much meant "oligarchy of landowners" for centuries until the filthy peasants forced a convocation of the assembly of householders in 1906 which introduced democratic elections.

Also, as Estrella noted, they had a spicy constitutional crisis over the role of Communists in government in 1957 called Fatti di Rovereta. However it should be noted that the Communists would later come back to government in 1978. And San Marino is absolutely based and compromesso-storico-pilled, because in 1986 the Communists even allied with the Christian Democrats.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »

Basically the election for the parliament of the Roman Empire

More like the Holy Roman Empire.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 04:44:00 PM »

Exactly.
It's not surprising, given the part of Italy that San Marino is surrounded by (to be fair, said part of Italy has been drifting right recently, but of course San Marino has no Lega equivalent).
It's also not surprising, given that Liechtenstein is still a constitutional monarchy where the prince enjoys significant political power, while San Marino has been a republic since time immemorial. Although to be honest "republic" pretty much meant "oligarchy of landowners" for centuries until the filthy peasants forced a convocation of the assembly of householders in 1906 which introduced democratic elections.

Also, as Estrella noted, they had a spicy constitutional crisis over the role of Communists in government in 1957 called Fatti di Rovereta. However it should be noted that the Communists would later come back to government in 1978. And San Marino is absolutely based and compromesso-storico-pilled, because in 1986 the Communists even allied with the Christian Democrats.

HISTORIC COMPROMISE

I like to think that what happened in San Marino in 1986 had the blessing of Moro and Berlinguer from Heaven.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 09:03:58 AM »

Live results for anyone strange enough to be interested, or having a really boring Sunday or whatever. Polls closed almost three hours ago, with results supposedly starting to come through an hour ago, but nothing yet.

Polls closed at noon? What?

And the DU looks... in really bad shape.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 05:19:21 PM »

The Fatherland Union and the FBP seem similar to the ÖVP in the western states a while ago when it still achieved 70% in the elections there.

Obviously the result of a lack of a real SD party in Liechtenstein ...

It’s similar to South Tyrol, where there’s no Social Democratic Party as well (unless you count the PD), with the SVP being the vacuum cleaning center party (like VU+FBP combined).

South Tyrol is fairly different because SVP is more an ethnic than an ideological party, for obvious reasons.
Actually SVP has three official currents: Landwirtschaft i.e. farmers' interests, Wirtschaft i.e. business interests, and Arbeitnehmer(innen) i.e. labour interests. The last one serves the purpose of a social democratic party I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies