Barack Obama Vs Michelle Bachman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:34:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Barack Obama Vs Michelle Bachman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Barack Obama Vs Michelle Bachman  (Read 8535 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 01:09:20 PM »

He's for real.  He's 14 is all.  And probably not more than a very casual observer of politics.  But he seems like a nice kid, so be patient with him.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 02:30:13 PM »

Haha
First off, Virginia was a mistake. That was supposed to be for Obama.
Secondly, home states generally vote for that candidate. Any normal Republican probably wouldn't have won Arizona, for example. That's being optimistic.
I honestly don't think Obama will do well, and I'm basing my maps of that. It will be Jimmy Carter's second term.

I don't take politics "casually". I bet I know more about it than just about any other teenager in America, and probably most adults. I have already chosen my favorite candidate for 2012, Mitt Romney. I have a whole list of favorites, both dead and alive, retired and, well, not retired.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 02:31:48 PM »

Mitt Romney is your favorite republican? Smart choice. He's the most moderate and reasonable in practice of the potential '12 frontrunners.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 02:37:07 PM »

Mitt Romney is your favorite republican? Smart choice. He's the most moderate and reasonable in practice of the potential '12 frontrunners.
I know.
Except I consider him to be much more conservative, not moderate. As you can see from my political matrix test, I am a very strong conservative, and I would never, ever vote for a liberal. (No offense to any)
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 02:39:43 PM »

Before his attempt to recast himself as a dyed in the wool conservative for 2008's primaries in practice he was center to center-right in how he governed.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 02:43:29 PM »

Yeah, it would've been difficult being the governor of Massachusetts without being pro-choice and pro-gay, among others.

And I wish Democrats will be able to get the Carter stink out soon. I'm sure Clinton was compared to him a lot as well.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »

They'll replace it with the Obama stink after Obama fails epically.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »

Haha
Secondly, home states generally vote for that candidate. Any normal Republican probably wouldn't have won Arizona, for example. That's being optimistic.
I honestly don't think Obama will do well, and I'm basing my maps of that. It will be Jimmy Carter's second term.

I don't take politics "casually". I bet I know more about it than just about any other teenager in America, and probably most adults. I have already chosen my favorite candidate for 2012, Mitt Romney. I have a whole list of favorites, both dead and alive, retired and, well, not retired.

And even that wouldn't be much of an accomplishment....but I still doubt it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »

Haha

Hmmm.
Okay then
I don't know how to change your mind
Maybe because I'm wasting my whole Sunday afternoon talking on political forums, while most kids are enjoying a life...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »

Quite the crystal ball you got there.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »

Haha

Hmmm.
Okay then
I don't know how to change your mind
Maybe because I'm wasting my whole Sunday afternoon talking on political forums, while most kids are enjoying a life...

not that I think you know little....not at all....just that that was a pretty bold claim.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »

Quite the crystal ball you got there.
Obama is a hip, urban, black version of Carter.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 03:45:33 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2009, 03:50:25 PM by Your New Aesthetic »

Dude, LOL. You clearly have never been here. Bachmann is the laughing stock of 7/8 of the state and about half of her district too. The Arizona example is not remotely because McCain was a statewide office holder. Bachmann hasn ever held statewide office, never will, and underran McCain about 7 points in her district. So that would give her less than 40% statewide, and she would probably underrun McCain even more in the rest of the state. Would Cynthia McKinney win Georgia as the Democratic nominee? Would Chakah Fattah win Pennsylvania? Use some basic logic.

The 2006 Senate map (with a candidate from the same district as Bachmann btw) is a good example of what a Bachmann v. Obama race would look like.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 08:03:35 AM »

Any normal Republican probably wouldn't have won Arizona, for example. That's being optimistic.

lol
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »

I bet I know more about it than just about any other teenager in America, and probably most adults. I have already chosen my favorite candidate for 2012, Mitt Romney.
I doubt that. For one, I predicted the elections correctly except NC, IN, MO, and NE2 in February. And choosing your favorite candidate for 2012 is not really rare. In my Human Geography class last week, we had this big debate about it for our politics unit. (which they probably should have done before the 2008 election)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies