Pence walks out of NFL game in temper tantrum over Kneeling players (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:06:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pence walks out of NFL game in temper tantrum over Kneeling players (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pence walks out of NFL game in temper tantrum over Kneeling players  (Read 5766 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: October 08, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »

If only he would leave the Executive Branch so readily.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:02:02 AM »

Good for Pence!

These kneelers are anti-American.  They hate America.  They deserve to experience the negative feedback from the millions they've offended by their behavior.  If their income streams from endorsements all dry up, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Where was all this conservative outrage against political statements on the job when the NYPD turned their backs on de Blasio?

Can't wait until these anti-freedom couch goblins are irrelevant.

The American flag is not the same thing as the mayor of New York City. One is a man, the other is the designated symbol of national unity. Not that I think Fuzzy has any ground to stand on, as I've made clear in the past. He supported a guy who knowingly invited foreign intelligence to attack American citizens, and enjoyed it, on national TV.

The American flag is a symbol of this nation, and kneeling to protest injustice is one of the most American things you can do.

I tend to think that police officers shooting African-Americans in the back is a lot more disrespectful than an abstract act of protest, but expecting the orangutan in the White House (or Fuzzy Bear) to care about the former is clearly futile.

Sure, but you're kneeling against the flag, which represents all that is American, including, ironically, protest itself. You're also politicizing something (sports) that shouldn't be politicized. Trump himself just fanned the flames before the start of the season with his comments in Alabama. Before that, only one tight end kneeled on August 21, 2017. Now it's become a massive controversy. I think Trump is actually happy that the players are protesting, because this is the kind of racial division that he enjoys and which helps him.

Forced patriotism has never been American. Nor has been the idea that a loyal opposition cannot offer criticism.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:49:42 PM »

Pence has a right to protest by leaving
The players have a right to protest by kneeling
Welcome to America. Freedom of expression for all.

Now can we please stop talking about the damn NFL already?

There are real issues facing this country and this is a garbage non issue.

In many way the whole Trump candidacy and presidency was and is a garbage non-issue. And yet here we are, with the whole world swaying at the twit's every Tweet. He's loving that part of it.

America face a great many dire challenges right now. Trump and his antics are a symptom and a distraction. Do you have any suggestions on how we, as individuals can change things for the better?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies