Why do teabagger signs have far worse spelling than anti-war signs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:11:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do teabagger signs have far worse spelling than anti-war signs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why do teabagger signs have far worse spelling than anti-war signs?  (Read 1953 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »

Well, when I went there two years ago, I noticed the not one but two security cameras in my small hotel elevator, not to mention the dozens on every street, and the large posters informing me that knives are illegal and that "SELF DEFENSE IS NO DEFENSE."

While the UK is a much worse place than the US, it really isn't what one could call totalitarian.

Of course not, but that's the trend.

Trends aren't static forever. Let's return in 30 years & see if they are still coasting towards totalitarianism.

You poor slobs are toiling away your entire lives for your masters, and you think being denied a shiv is what constitutes your oppression?
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 09:58:09 PM »

Well, when I went there two years ago, I noticed the not one but two security cameras in my small hotel elevator, not to mention the dozens on every street, and the large posters informing me that knives are illegal and that "SELF DEFENSE IS NO DEFENSE."

I agree, it's a pretty appalling assault on civil liberties.

But you seem to be getting knives confused with pocket knives.

Yes, I know it's pocket knives (or, rather, carrying a knife outside one's residence).  I received my first pocket knife at age 7, in my quiet little liberal suburb in Massachusetts.  I somehow managed to avoid injuring myself or others.

What are you? The President of France? Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »

What's your basis for this?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 04:22:22 AM »

Yeah, I was at least expecting some "research" done by a biased website or something.  We don't even get that?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 10:52:02 AM »

lol@thisthread
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 01:22:12 PM »

While the UK is a much worse place than the US, it really isn't what one could call totalitarian.

The UK has a 7% unemployment rate.  Ours is 9%. 

And the UK isn't in as much debt as we are, and the median household income is almost the same....
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »

And the UK isn't in as much debt as we are, and the median household income is almost the same....

and the median sized house in the UK is about the size of my garage
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 04:13:57 PM »

Adjusted for PPPP. UK median household income is 10k lower.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 12:31:56 PM »

You poor slobs are toiling away your entire lives for your masters, and you think being denied a shiv is what constitutes your oppression?

^^^^^
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies