Retirements Push Congressional GOP Even Further to the Right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:58:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Retirements Push Congressional GOP Even Further to the Right (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Retirements Push Congressional GOP Even Further to the Right  (Read 1749 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 23, 2007, 06:45:28 PM »

“The money has moved away from the parties, who used to be the enforcement mechanisms, to groups on the extreme right and left, and it’s killing us,” Davis said.
ROFL

I've long believed that the Democratic party holds the American center, and as moderate Republicans are replaced by far right loonies, we will only solidify our position as the centrist party.

For decades the Democratic Party has been defined by the Tom Haydens and Jane Fondas of the world. The is actually quite amusing because only 52% of Democrats consider themselves LIBERAL. Compare that figure to the 77% of Republicans who say they're conservative.

Despite all the noise emanating  from the far left, the Democrats govern from the Center-Left. Whereas, Republicans try to talk to the middle and govern from the Far-Right.

^^^^^That's the truest statement I've seen on here in a while
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 02:30:15 AM »

I've long believed that the Democratic party holds the American center, and as moderate Republicans are replaced by far right loonies, we will only solidify our position as the centrist party.

I don't think either of you hold the center and before you call the Republicans a bunch of loonies I would caution you to not throw stones in a glass house.  As one who is independent of the two party apparatus and therefore not prone to partisanship as you are, I can assure you that both of your houses have your share of crackpots.  Americans overall are frustrated with both parties.

As Markwarner08 and others have pointed out, for all the obnoxious noise that comes from the left, the democrats are more centerist in their policies than the republicans are. If you compare us to most other industrialized nations, there isn't even really a left in American politics: there are certainly leftist pressure groups, but very few real leftist politicians aside from Dennis Kuicinich, a few members of the Congressional Black Caucus, and a few others.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies