My new way of going about things: the positives of atheism. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:05:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  My new way of going about things: the positives of atheism. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My new way of going about things: the positives of atheism.  (Read 1002 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 24, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »

There are people who genuinely believe that you need a belief system in order to make you inherently 'good'. Street pastors often charge me with being 'unhappy' because to them I can't be anything but if I don't subscribe to their beliefs.

Is not atheism a belief system?  I've certainly encountered atheists who believe that those who advocate theistic beliefs are inherently 'bad' and can't help but wonder why anyone with an iota of sense would subscribe to such 'unhappy' alternatives to the 'truth' of atheism.  Unfortunately, it seems to be a rule that with any belief system, there will be those who denigrate those who believe otherwise.

Depends on whether you define atheism as "believes there is no God" or use the atheism/secular humanism combination that is so prominent these days.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies