Would Barack Obama be considered for the presidency if he was not black? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:50:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Would Barack Obama be considered for the presidency if he was not black? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Barack Obama be considered for the presidency if he was not black?  (Read 6467 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 01, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »

Considering the number of times someone when from state senator to presidential nominee in four years, I would say that his race was an advantage.

It wasn't the sole clause, but it is part of the equation.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 11:03:19 AM »

Would John McCain be considered for President had he not been a POW for years and married a rich bitch.

Admiral McCain probably would have been, yes.  The money helped, I'm sure.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 05:52:34 PM »

They may have been, I don't know, but he got over 80% of the black vote in SC. Then Bill came out and played the race card, supposedly, and the blacks united behind Obama 9 to 1.

Like I said earlier, there were different reasons why he won Iowa. He will win states in which the electorate is very liberal and no blacks are in the state at all. States with whites and blacks, he does poorly among the whites.

Virginia, Maryland, CT, and DC have no blacks?  Interesting.....

Did I say that? I said he does poorly among whites in states that have a relatively large black population and well among whites when a state has no blacks at all, like Iowa. He didn't win the white vote in DC, Virginia, Maryland, and Connecticut, did he?

He won it in D.C & Virginia, tied it in CT, MD he lost it but did quite well with the white vote.

1. It's fascinating that you know how DC voted, given that I've seen no exit poll from there. Where is that information to be found? Anyway, DC's white vote...lol.

2. In Virginia he swept the white independent and Republican vote but he lost the white Democrat vote in a landslide. And that was in the midst of Hillary's absolute low-point.

3. In Connecticut he lost the white vote, albeit very, very narrowly. 9% of the CT Democratic primary vote was black. I don't know what your threshold is for considering a state to have a large black factor, but that's not incredibly high, imo.

Anyway, no way would Obama have won in the South without being black.

Do you have a list of states where Obama won:

1.  The white vote.

2.  The white working class vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies