HI-Merriman River Group: Internal shows Case (D) leading in Primary and General (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:55:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  HI-Merriman River Group: Internal shows Case (D) leading in Primary and General (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-Merriman River Group: Internal shows Case (D) leading in Primary and General  (Read 1012 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« on: March 28, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »

Oh joy, another Ed Case campaign.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:25 PM »

In fairness to Case, does he really deserve his rep on this board and elsewhere as a DINO? Yes he voted for the Iraq War (like almost every Democratic Presidential candidate in 2004 other than Kucinich, FWIW), but he took a major FF stance in the Hawaii House defending gay marriage despite being overwhelmingly unpopular at the time.

What else in his congressional career earns him this label?

His position on gay marriage is one thing I'll give him credit for, but in general he's just an opportunistic moderate hero. The quote of his I have to always bring up is when he was asked whether he was running for office in 2010; he said he was considering running for Governor, Senator, or either of the House seats, he just hadn't decided which. I realize politicians are ambitious, but he could have dialed it down a little.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies