Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:34:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months  (Read 5893 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: October 22, 2005, 07:20:31 AM »

Mark,

It doesn't surprise me that Miers is not worth much.  A lot of us including myself were all over her on day one her the boards.

I have been getting a very bad feeling about the Special Prosecutor these last two days.  So it doesn't shock me that some one might get indicted soon.

Dark days?  Maybe.  But its always darkest before the dawn.  Perhaps some demons need to be excorcised before the party can get its bearings again.  And we had lost our way long before Quagmiers and Rovegate.

I have to agree with you here, John.

The Republican congress has behaved disgracefully on spending, and stands for nothing at this point beyond the maintenance of its own power.  Denny Hastert has become our own Republican version of Tip O'Neill -- big, fat and out of control, at least with respect to government spending.

Of course, I hate the Democrats, and view them as a worse alternative.  But politics should be about a little more than choosing the party you hate the least.  Every party needs a good jolt occasionally to wake up those who have led it astray.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies