study finds that brain function of liberals, conservatives differs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:08:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  study finds that brain function of liberals, conservatives differs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: study finds that brain function of liberals, conservatives differs  (Read 2051 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: September 10, 2007, 03:40:15 PM »

And now a pronounciation guide that people without a Master's degree in English can understand:

i-lek-troh-en-SEF-uh-luh-graf

Regarding the article, this is a very interesting study, and it actually isn't very surprising once I think about it.  I've always sort of got the sense that there's a fundamental difference between how people of different political persuasions approach issues.  If that wasn't the case, and if there was no such fundamental difference, people would eventually be able to agree on an issue with enough debate.

ee-lek-troh-en-SEF-oh-loh-graf
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:09:07 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2007, 08:14:52 PM by Verily »

And now a pronounciation guide that people without a Master's degree in English can understand:

i-lek-troh-en-SEF-uh-luh-graf

Regarding the article, this is a very interesting study, and it actually isn't very surprising once I think about it.  I've always sort of got the sense that there's a fundamental difference between how people of different political persuasions approach issues.  If that wasn't the case, and if there was no such fundamental difference, people would eventually be able to agree on an issue with enough debate.

ee-lek-troh-en-SEF-oh-loh-graf

I looked it up, and every single dictionary I found disagreed with that pronunciation.

They're both right, but yours is the lazy pronunciation Wink (Although really I was just doing the "correction" to continue the absurdity.) Edit: Whoops, that second o should have been a u. Now it makes more sense.

Can Vorlon come back and tell  us what the margin of error is on a study with 43 subjects?

This is a case study, not a poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies