Retirements Push Congressional GOP Even Further to the Right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:32:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Retirements Push Congressional GOP Even Further to the Right (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Retirements Push Congressional GOP Even Further to the Right  (Read 1736 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: November 22, 2007, 11:15:17 PM »

I would expect there to be more moderate Republican in the house in 2009, not fewer.

Explain how you believe this will happen?  Most of the Republicans leaving are moderates. 

Answering the question would probably require a lengthy discussion of who is and who isn't a moderate.  For example, being formerly from New Jersey, I don't consider Saxton or Ferguson to be "moderate," per say.

Moderate per say not really, moderate in comparison to the vast majority of the Republican Party, yes
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 11:45:37 PM »

It's somewhat unsettling that the GOP is losing their moderates, since if/when the GOP controls the House again, it will be even more right-wing. Though I suppose if many conservative Republicans were retiring, they'd simply be replaced by new conservative Republicans, since most of them represent conservative districts.

On the flip side of it, as the GOP moves further and further to the right, the chances of them regaining Congress drop. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies