Should Theresa May resign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:25:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Should Theresa May resign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Theresa May resign as UK Prime Minister/Leader of the Conservative Party?
Yes

No

I don't know

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Should Theresa May resign?  (Read 2278 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:15 AM »

Yes.

Former British PM David Cameron is to blame for all of this, along with May.

Agreed. I actually think Leave would never have won in 2016 had Cameron been a decent PM. I think a lot of people voted for it as a protest vote against him. And don't forget Merkel too. Without those two, Leave would never have gotten past 40%.

If they hated him so much he wouldn't have won 2015 would he? To be honest the 2016 budget was just very f**ing dumb. They could have postponed some small stuff for a year and they might have been fine.

Anyway, T-May should stay. She's playing the long game here. If she can get something like this deal through on pure bluff and fearmongering and the Tories win the general election after this (remember, Corbyn also isn't popular) she'll be the best British PM since Thatcher in my eyes. Do we think another overgrown Eton manchild would do better than this? Do we think anyone would do better than this? This is an impossible mess and May is making the best of it. Leaving the scene and triggering a new leadership election or general election during this mess also wouldn't be very patriotic tbh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies