So it looks like we missed this month's election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:58:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  So it looks like we missed this month's election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So it looks like we missed this month's election?  (Read 1643 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: June 10, 2011, 05:55:20 AM »

Since when have we held elections for President and Senate at different times?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 06:30:56 AM »

If I had to guess, I'd say it was unintentional and was merely an oversight. I don't remember this ever actually being discussed. (And it would be a stupid idea.....and the people that wrote this Constitution aren't stupid.)

It would also explain why I've never bothered to look at Article II to find out when the President and Vice President are elected...because it's always been the second to last Thursday except in December for general elections.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 07:03:16 AM »

I'm going to hold the election as planned next Thursday. We've done the same thing the last several elections apparently without anyone noticing it.

If someone wants to sue, let them. Needs to be changed for the future though.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:52:39 AM »

It's always been the second-to-last weekend in the month (except in December). Apparently, this isn't the case in the new Constitution, but because it was apparently an oversight, nobody (myself included) bothered to notice this.

I mean, if it's not publicized or even intended....I don't just randomly go reading Wiki articles.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »

So what you are saying is that either Polnut or I is going to have the shortest legal single (or first) term in history Tongue

No, the day you'd take office isn't affected either way.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 02:16:03 PM »

It's okay, Franzl. We all make mistakes sometimes. Obviously the best way to remedy this is put BK on the ballot. Smiley

I regret not having read the new article II, but I really had no way of knowing there was any change..and I doubt pretty much anyone else knew Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »

Oh, very sorry about that! You're completely right about that. The Presidential election will be held simultaneously...and I will put BK on the ballot, of course. That solves that problem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies