Atlasia General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:13:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Atlasia General Discussion  (Read 7608 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »

The DWTL rule is simple, screw with me I screw with you.  Help me, I help you.  The amount of people who chose the latter are numerous and successful in this game.  Those who chose the former?  They'll find the door soon enough.  In fact, I guess a lot of chances too, HW just chose to an idiot every chance I gave him including running with PiT

As I recall, you screwed with me before I screwed with you. I remember some particularly amusing posts from the RPP forum to that effect.
Your attempted screwing with our party began long before the hacking and as you know from reading it we suspected something fishy long before that was made public.  And seriously how many are there that can't ask me for help in a campaign or something else?  Its like you, HW, and a few crazies

On multiple occasions I have tried to work with you DWTL and instead you just acted like a douche.  I know of few people who actually like you.  In fact I can't think of a single one outside of the RPP.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »

So, this thread was started to allow people to vent at each other?

Yeah, basically.

Sounds like a good thread for me to stay out of then. Wink
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 10:20:43 PM »

The DWTL rule is simple, screw with me I screw with you.  Help me, I help you.  The amount of people who chose the latter are numerous and successful in this game.  Those who chose the former?  They'll find the door soon enough.  In fact, I guess a lot of chances too, HW just chose to an idiot every chance I gave him including running with PiT

As I recall, you screwed with me before I screwed with you. I remember some particularly amusing posts from the RPP forum to that effect.
Your attempted screwing with our party began long before the hacking and as you know from reading it we suspected something fishy long before that was made public.  And seriously how many are there that can't ask me for help in a campaign or something else?  Its like you, HW, and a few crazies

On multiple occasions I have tried to work with you DWTL and instead you just acted like a douche.  I know of few people who actually like you.  In fact I can't think of a single one outside of the RPP.

HW, would you be willing to serve as a debate moderator?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 10:21:52 PM »

Wow let's result to the "no one likes you but I won't name any names" thing

Here is a list of DAers that voted for me last election FYI:
PurpleState
Franzl
Hashemite
SwedishCheese
KyleGordon
AndrewCT

I believe a few more as well, hell, as far as liking me/not liking me you aren't even in the majority in your own party.  And RealisticIdealist voted for me as well.  Face it, people like me and trust me because they know I am a man of my word and easy to work with if you aren't an idiot
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »

Face it, people like me and trust me because they know I am a man of my word and easy to work with if you aren't an idiot bow to my will.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 10:26:22 PM »

I have many friends and supporters in all three parties and frankly DWTL when people try to fix their little squabbles with you you treat them like dirt, this only proves you to be an arrogant ass who can't handle someone not doing as you desire.  Truth be told I just think you are insecure by trying to defame others like you do.  I'm done dealing with you so buzz off.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 10:32:59 PM »

I have many friends and supporters in all three parties and frankly DWTL when people try to fix their little squabbles with you you treat them like dirt, this only proves you to be an arrogant ass who can't handle someone not doing as you desire.  Truth be told I just think you are insecure by trying to defame others like you do.  I'm done dealing with you so buzz off.
If you are in anyway trying to suggest that an alliance with HW is superior to one with DWTL

LOLZ ROLFCOPTER
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 11:08:34 PM »

Wow, this thread definitely should be kept open.

Roll Eyes
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 12:13:12 AM »

1.) What is your desire to call PiT by his first name when he doesn't use it on the forum?
2.) I have those conversations too because PiT came clean about it
3.) If it was the demise of the coalition, that sounds like a good reason to hate you

1. I do that every now and then with most people. Nobody's ever complained.
2. No, he came clean about something entirely different.
3. Hate me because I didn't have enough power over my party to force something that would obviously fail?

Wow, this thread definitely should be kept open.

Roll Eyes

Better here than on every thread.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 07:40:50 AM »

Why is my name floating around? I voted for Georges Marchais, that is all.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 11:37:24 AM »

Why is my name floating around? I voted for Georges Marchais, that is all.

Good man.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »

Hey, remember, bitching goes here.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »

Playing politics on a political forum=more bitching than one thread could possibly handle. Sucks.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »

Not really catching on. It seems people would prefer to just take it out in individual threads.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 01:09:58 AM »

Oh well. I'm moving this hear because I'm not a JCP member.

Just another suggestion, but maybe the Progressive Liberal Party (PLP)? I've always considered it bad to have a RL party name in your parties name. Like, if the RPP became the National Republic Party, I'm sure we'd alienate some independants, and they would go to the DA instead.
And also, because we only need one major party with "Democratic" in it. Wink

We had that years ago.  I was a member, Vice Chair, and it's first elected official.  The good old days Smiley

Not years ago yet, it only collapsed in June (?) 2008. Fun times. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 01:23:04 AM »

Remember, ѕhit goes down here. Feel free to talk about the RPP invasion.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 07:59:21 AM »

It's disgusting and it's not a coincidence. Atlasia is going down the sh**tter. My legislation should have passed, but alas.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 10:18:12 AM »

That slander and libel legislation of mine is looking pretty good right now. The Mideast doesn't have any of this drama and its new members are having some good debates in the Assembly.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »

Meh. Four months ago, this place was still going down the sh**tter, but it was boring, too.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »

Meh. Four months ago, this place was still going down the sh**tter, but it was boring, too.

Are personal attacks to get some excitement worth it though? I would say there is plenty of excitement without untruthful attacks anyway. Party rivalries can spark a good debate.

Just look at the Pacific Lt. Governor race. Why such excitement exists around that race is beyond me, but I can tell you that it would be just as exciting without the mudslinging.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 11:56:50 AM »

Are personal attacks to get some excitement worth it though? I would say there is plenty of excitement without untruthful attacks anyway. Party rivalries can spark a good debate.

Just look at the Pacific Lt. Governor race. Why such excitement exists around that race is beyond me, but I can tell you that it would be just as exciting without the mudslinging.

...huh?
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 12:13:07 PM »

It's disgusting and it's not a coincidence. Atlasia is going down the sh**tter. My legislation should have passed, but alas.

Well the issue with your bill was that it would threaten the JCP voting slaves as well, and not just the RPP ones, which of course made all the difference for some Senators.

Also as Head Secretary of ARNA, I'd like to point out that you guys should not be too hasty judging all of the new members. Although some of them might be trolls, there's a chance that a decent portion of them will turn out to be good newbies.

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 12:18:54 PM »

Yeah, it's not like the JCP has a ton of zombie voters. Roll Eyes

We recruit established members of the forum for the most part. We don't encourage our members to spam and join the second they're eligible.

Further, we don't do off-site recruiting drives because our of petty childish need to win elections.

The tide is changing. Get over it.

Someone with 54 posts and has spammed most of them in the last hour and just joined Atlasia half an hour ago is telling me the tide is changing.

Well, I'm not suspicious.

A demand for an IP check could be wise, I think.

They're too smart for that. They're coming from random forums, one came from an American Idol forum, at least some others came from Nation-States.. things like that.

I thought there was a time when recruitment was encouraged.

I mean, obviously, random zombie voters are annoying, if a fact of life here.  But bgwah registered basically for the sole purpose of trolling when he first joined, and he was elected President.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »

Yeah, it's not like the JCP has a ton of zombie voters. Roll Eyes

We recruit established members of the forum for the most part. We don't encourage our members to spam and join the second they're eligible.

Further, we don't do off-site recruiting drives because our of petty childish need to win elections.

The tide is changing. Get over it.

Someone with 54 posts and has spammed most of them in the last hour and just joined Atlasia half an hour ago is telling me the tide is changing.

Well, I'm not suspicious.

A demand for an IP check could be wise, I think.

They're too smart for that. They're coming from random forums, one came from an American Idol forum, at least some others came from Nation-States.. things like that.

I thought there was a time when recruitment was encouraged.

That was before the RPP was a major party.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 12:32:41 PM »

What the Reich Panzer Party is doing (ie; rigging, or trying to rig, an election legally) isn't even original; those of use who've been here a while will remember the "red avatar sqaud" (as I believe it was called) and the way Naso legally rigged his way into the Senate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies