What Made You Change Politically? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:37:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What Made You Change Politically? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Made You Change Politically?  (Read 13585 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« on: October 15, 2014, 07:25:36 AM »

2) The other problem is more personal.  Even if there may be fewer abortions voting for a Democrat, I still have to, in my conscience, justify voting for someone who thinks that the practice is legally acceptable.  I am supporting someone who is pro-baby killer (in my view).  Even if that makes logical sense, I just couldn't do it on a moral level. 

If you think abortion is murder, and you are willing to concede that it's entirely possible that Democrats will enact policies that lower the rate of abortions, then you're not helping anybody by insisting on a rigid purity lens.

Besides which, I have a very difficult time believing that almost any anti-choice people truly equate abortion with murder. Some do, but those who do are either behind bars for murdering abortion doctors or lauding those who are. Because killing a mass murderer is totally justifiable, right?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 07:17:37 AM »

Besides which, I have a very difficult time believing that almost any anti-choice people truly equate abortion with murder. Some do, but those who do are either behind bars for murdering abortion doctors or lauding those who are. Because killing a mass murderer is totally justifiable, right?

That logic doesn't hold up at all. Not everyone who thought Hitler, Stalin, Mao et al, were murderers was blowing up bridges or assassinating officials. Do you think Solzhenitsyn, or the Scholls didn't think their respective dictators were murderers?

Many abortion opponents don't even support imprisonment for mothers who have abortions. How in the world does that fit into the murder equation?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 07:51:08 AM »

The Dems just think government can do everything but it can't.

Assertion not backed by evidence.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »

I used to be an Indie(still am) since I am not a registered Republican but I vote mostly Republican. I think when ObamaCare passed that changed me. I didn't want the bill. Don't get me wrong I got sick of Bush W toward the end of his presidency because of the recession but I don't like Obama either. Republicans just make more sense to me than the Dems do. The Dems just think government can do everything but it can't. I just feel closer to the Republicans economically. I wish they will get out of I will get primaried if I vote for this and this or I will piss off The Deep South States(the base states of the party) if I say this or I vote for this. I am A Moderate and have no apologies about it. Just call me a Rockefeller Republican!

I support a number of Dems social policies: same sex marriage, gun control, and protecting social Security. To me they have gone so far on talking about race, abortion, and same sex marriage its hard to listen to that all the time over the past few years. I just find it polarizing.
Shouldn't you be a (right)libertarian?
Yeah I think so. I find myself leaning to the right on economic issues but centrist maybe even leaning a little bit to the left on social issues. Leaning to the right on economic issues is why I vote Republican mostly.

Well the American Libertarian Party is center to far left on social issues and center to far right on economic issues.

But like Libertarians in practice, he's a Republican. Left on social issues doesn't matter if you're totally willing to vote for people who falling off a cliff to the right on social issues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies