Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:15:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72
Poll
Question: Does uniting the right in Alberta mean the NDP is toast next election?
Absolutely they are done like dinner

NDP still might win, but will be a steep hill to climb

NDP will likely win, UCP too extreme

NDP will definitely win

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II  (Read 191770 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: January 30, 2018, 01:07:39 AM »

If what they claim is true, then when was the last time the entire political establishment of a country was decapitated on such a scale?

Brazil in the past few years?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1251 on: January 30, 2018, 01:21:51 AM »

If what they claim is true, then when was the last time the entire political establishment of a country was decapitated on such a scale?

Well, since this is a thread about Canada, how about the 1993 federal election?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1252 on: January 30, 2018, 02:43:13 AM »

I've heard rumours there is a much bigger explosive sex scandal lurking that will hit someone a lot higher up and bigger than Patrick Brown.  Not sure if there is any truth in these rumours, but it would not surprise me if by year's end someone even higher up the food chain gets taken down.

Couldn't it be Trudeau, could it?
super6646
Canada

« Reply #1253 on: January 30, 2018, 02:57:56 AM »

Well, since this is a thread about Canada, how about the 1993 federal election?

What a time. Was 3 years old and had no clue what was really going on, but the look on the mp's of the PC's that night as they dropped like flies is something I will never forget.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1254 on: January 30, 2018, 09:30:27 AM »

I've heard rumours there is a much bigger explosive sex scandal lurking that will hit someone a lot higher up and bigger than Patrick Brown.  Not sure if there is any truth in these rumours, but it would not surprise me if by year's end someone even higher up the food chain gets taken down.

That seems to be the implication (as well as Scheer, possibly?)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1255 on: January 30, 2018, 12:43:09 PM »

It could be many.  From reading Warren Kinsella's postings and Chantal Hebert's recent column, looks like there will be multiple politicians brought down and in more than one party.  Interesting times ahead.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1256 on: January 30, 2018, 12:47:33 PM »

That seems to be the implication (as well as Scheer, possibly?)

Possibly, although I think it's more likely to be at the cabinet/critic level.

Kinsella all but named the man. In her latest, Hebert says there's a lot more #MeToo inbound for all 3 parties.

To quote Kinsella:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1257 on: January 30, 2018, 06:52:47 PM »

Trudeau tells CBC that he's confident no one will accuse him, and he's been careful all his life to be respectful of women. Says accusers must be believed but there also has to be an independent investigation.
super6646
Canada

« Reply #1258 on: January 30, 2018, 07:38:36 PM »

While I've always been skeptical of the #MeToo movement, its going to be very interesting seeing just how many politicans are in for a sh!tshow.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1259 on: January 30, 2018, 09:49:16 PM »

Apparently one of the claims against JT is that he had a consensual relationship with a male conservative staffer, and that both parties were aware during the 2015 election. If that's really it, this is a nothingburger.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1260 on: January 31, 2018, 06:26:55 AM »

Apparently one of the claims against JT is that he had a consensual relationship with a male conservative staffer, and that both parties were aware during the 2015 election. If that's really it, this is a nothingburger.

If true, he was cheating on his wife, so that's got to count for something... *sigh* who am I kidding, you're probably right.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1261 on: January 31, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2018, 08:33:05 AM by cp »

If true, I want to know whether any more of my Canadian politics slash fiction stories might actually be real Tongue
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1262 on: January 31, 2018, 10:10:55 AM »

Wow!

So, all three parties have skeletons in the closet? I wonder who in the NDP has been naughty... I haven't heard any rumours myself.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1263 on: January 31, 2018, 11:56:32 AM »

If true, he was cheating on his wife, so that's got to count for something... *sigh* who am I kidding, you're probably right.

could be in an open relationship tbf
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1264 on: January 31, 2018, 01:26:53 PM »

I'd believe that.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1265 on: January 31, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »

I'd imagine it's somewhat common(?) for spouses to allow the other spouse to sleep with members of their own sex on the side, as pregnancy is not a concern.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1266 on: January 31, 2018, 11:59:38 PM »

I remember reading sketchy rumours about Obama and Rahm Emanuel hitting the bath houses in Chicago, or Obama being lovers with his Pakistani college roommate. They were all BS, but still funny to read.
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1267 on: February 01, 2018, 12:58:52 PM »

Jagmeet Singh will be addressing the media at 1.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/singh-allegation-ndp-1.4514117?cmp=rss
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1268 on: February 01, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »

Erin Weir suspended from caucus duties due to 3rd-party allegation. NDP doesn't yet have complainant's name.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1269 on: February 01, 2018, 03:28:25 PM »

Looks like collateral damage from the #metoo movement in all parties.  Hopefully that will gain all of them to focus on cleaning things up instead of using this to score political points.  This is a serious problem that needs fixing.
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1270 on: February 03, 2018, 12:41:38 AM »

Former BC premier Dave Barrett, certainly one of the most colorful characters in Canadian politics, has died:

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/first-ndp-premier-of-b-c-dave-barrett-dead-at-87
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1271 on: February 04, 2018, 06:38:35 AM »

Former Cape Breton North MLA and current Mayor of Cape Breton Cecil Clarke has entered the NS PC leadership race. Clarke came out as gay last week in anticipation of his entry into the leadership. He has picked up the endorsement of Sydney River-Mira-Louisbourg MLA Alfie MacLeod.

Also, Cumberland North MLA Elizabeth Smith-McCrossin will be making an announcement on Tuesday.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1272 on: February 05, 2018, 01:08:22 PM »

Okay its forum and its out of whack with other pollsters so probably one of the 1 in 20 http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2826/federal-horserace-january-2018/ . but FWIW interesting but probably not true.

Liberal support at 38% is not too far off other pollsters, but none have the Tories anywhere near 43% and likewise most have the NDP higher than 12% and Greens higher than 3% (the Greens always tend to poll higher in between elections, so they might get that come election day but I suspect the NDP or Liberals as opposed to Tories will benefit more).

Looking at the regional numbers

Atlantic Canada: Small sample but I don't buy for a minute the Tories are tied or over 40%.  Yes things have tightened up a bit there and the Tories may have crossed the 30% line, but most still show the Liberals 15-20 points ahead.

Quebec: This is the one region where the numbers actually seem reasonable.

Ontario: Some other polls have put the Tories over 40% so low 40s is believable, but 46% I highly doubt, even provincially where Wynne is a lot less popular than Trudeau, the provincial PCs don't have those type of numbers.

Saskatchewan/Manitoba: Unlike their past ones, the numbers here are at least somewhat believable.

Alberta: 68% is a bit on the high side for the Tories even in Alberta, but for all intents and purpose no matter what poll you use, you have the Tories winning the vast majority of seats so seat wise doesn't make that big a difference.

British Columbia: While 43% for the Tories is not impossible based on how they've done in the past, I have a tough time believing they are at that is most other pollsters show them below the 30% so while its possible in the right circumstances they could get those numbers, I don't believe they are there right now.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1273 on: February 07, 2018, 12:32:01 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/wine-boycott-alberta-british-columbia-trans-mountain-1.4523473

Crazy Alberta Premier bans British Columbia wines.

Hopefully federal NDP wakes up and kick out that oil industry puppet out of the party, with every MLA that refuses to vote her out.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1274 on: February 07, 2018, 02:53:38 AM »

P e o p l e k i n d
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length