Politico: Democrats Now the National Security Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:00:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico: Democrats Now the National Security Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Democrats Now the National Security Party  (Read 1646 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: July 28, 2016, 01:05:36 PM »

Democrats are also taking the mantra of patriotism and family values from Republicans:

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/28/12306780/democratic-convention-speeches-patriotism-rhetoric

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And the tweet that had me practically falling out of my chair laughing:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

THEY ARE TAKING OUR STUFF!

Seriously though, if Democrats succeed in this and begin pealing away college educated whites en masse (while losing some working class whites), we could be in for another realignment of states - or perhaps just accelerating an existing one. Maybe not as significant as 1988/1992, but I suppose it will depend how Democrats use this message and how voters react. Given the fast-growing bloc of college educated whites and decreasing number of working class whites, effects in Republicans favor might be somewhat muted. Their poor strategy of anchoring themselves to the only fast sinking demographic doesn't help their long-term electoral prospects at all.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:59:45 PM »

Remember why we don't have universal health care today..... (D) Joe Lieberman, (D) Mary Landrieu, (D) Blanche Lincoln, (D) Ben Nelson, (D) Mark Pryor. That's right, it is not because of Republicans alone, Wallstreet Democrats deserve all the credit in the world for this as does Hillary, the great panderer.

And all of those Senators, save for Nelson, are gone. If the Democratic party ever wants to have a stable Senate majority, it will need to field moderate candidates in right-leaning states.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the Democratic party is changing for the better (at least from the perspective of a liberal like me). We have a ways to go yet, but it's not like the 90s at all anymore. The party didn't move right overnight and it won't move back left overnight, either. Give it some time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies