Is Chris Christie to "heavy' to be president? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:57:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Chris Christie to "heavy' to be president? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Chris Christie to "heavy' to be president?  (Read 7582 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

« on: October 14, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »

"Looks shouldn't matter" is the PC answer but this isn't about looks. It's about health. He's not just a little chubby. He is MORBIDLY OBESE.

I know in our fat culture it's considered impolite to point such things out, but it wouldn't change the situation of a man at extreme risk for heart disease, diabetes, and more seeking the most stressful and important job in the world. I know he's a "badass" but he's still a human, and a very fat one at that. He's a health risk and that's a fact. If he was serious about running for president, he should take the initiative to improve himself first.

His running mate had better pass the smell test with flying colors is all I'm saying.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2012, 02:18:50 PM by B »

I don't care. This is a message board and no one is here to change minds of the small number of posters here.

Everything I said is true. In fact, most people who rise to the top of their fields are in relatively good shape. Pretending that being morbidly obese isn't a life altering issue is absurd. Again, we're not talking just a little overweight or out of shape here.

Making excuses for and treating the extremely fat like victims is what's wrong with Fat America and our health care system. Mike Huckabee lost the weight and Chris Christie can too. He should not only want to. He needs to.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »

He likely is fatter than Taft. He's much fatter than he looks in a suit, as many suits today are designed to hide the obese population. He is shockingly large when you see him in different clothing. I would argue that the presidency is also much more stressful and demanding now than in Taft's day.

It's really not hard to lose some weight when you have that much to lose. You don't have to be able to run 5 miles - a slight change in diet goes a long way. I feel very little sympathy.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »

No one is even remotely close to being that fat genetically.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »

I actually think Christie is one of the more interesting and tolerable Republicans being discussed as a presidential hopeful, but his weight is cause for concern and he is definitely NOT that big and unhealthy genetically.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies