Opinion of Memphis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:09:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Memphis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ^
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Opinion of Memphis  (Read 4894 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 17, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »

The notion that to use one's privilege to oppress those with less power in society while denying the existence of such power imbalances is somehow to bravely stand up against the crowd seems to be his latest delusion. Not really surprising though.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:51:40 AM »

This is hilarious. Memphis thinks the reason people don't like him is because he speaks uncomfortable truths? I don't give a sht that he's "honest" or lacks empathy. The reason I dislike him is that his views are horrible and not based on any facts whatsoever. He's so zealous in his fanatic denial of reality that it's almost scary.

Also, as Madeleleine pointed out there is a nasty petty streak to Memphis. For example, he still retains a quote from me in his signature where it is very clear in context  that I'm satirizing patriarchal attitudes. He knows this but has put it there to make me seem hypocritical or something. I don't particularly care but it's pretty telling of his character.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:26:34 AM »

^this, but I sympathize with him because of the asinine way in which people respond to his posts. Imagine if there were a Christian poster who people responded to with "lol Christfag" and by posting memes making fun of fundie Christians every time he criticized atheism.

Atheism is not what is controversal about Memphis.
Then what is?

The misogyny for me. Beyond that his (actually very common) combination of viewing himself as some sort of superrational, enlightened übermensch, here to spread wisdom to the dumb and ignorant  with having piss-poor argumentation and a, let's say, weak grasp on reality. It comes off as pretty off-putting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies