Political Quiz List. Are you a Quiz Whiz?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:31:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Political Quiz List. Are you a Quiz Whiz?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 ... 153
Author Topic: Political Quiz List. Are you a Quiz Whiz?  (Read 851405 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2875 on: March 05, 2017, 08:33:18 PM »

What they said they wanted to do and what they did ended up being two very different things. This quiz uses the former.

Um... rather famously that was not the case.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2876 on: March 08, 2017, 04:00:51 AM »

My position is right in between the Menshevik Internationalists and the Bolsheviks on the vertical scale, while on the other scale I'm to the right of the Menshevik Defensists but not as far right as the Black Hundreds. Overall I guess I'm closet to Right SRs, Menshevik Defensists, and Cadets.

got same thing
kyc0705

« Reply #2877 on: March 10, 2017, 01:32:38 AM »

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2878 on: March 19, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »

What they said they wanted to do and what they did ended up being two very different things. This quiz uses the former.

Um... rather famously that was not the case.

Yeah, the creator of this quiz seems to have gone to the "Leftists Can't Be Authoritarians" school of bad political analysis.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #2879 on: March 20, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »

Here's a Presidential personality quiz.

dubyadubyadubya.americanhistoryusa.com/personality-quiz/us-presidents/

Apparently, I'm most similar to William McKinley.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #2880 on: March 24, 2017, 01:22:19 AM »

Here's a Presidential personality quiz.

dubyadubyadubya.americanhistoryusa.com/personality-quiz/us-presidents/

Apparently, I'm most similar to William McKinley.

In that vein, a Buzzfeed-esque personality quiz on 'Which Pakistani leader are you?' I got Jinnah, which I guess isn't as bad as it could be.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2881 on: April 06, 2017, 07:19:17 PM »

https://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-(us)-issues-test

Quiet Centrist

You scored 53% economically responsible, 49% self-destructively free and 41% expressively free.

Quiet Centrist

People need some help in the marketplace, and as long as they don't blab too much, they can do as they please. Within reason!

Economy (moderate): The economy is like any other natural system: it has advantages, but without safeguards, it can sweep us away. Supply and demand are good rules of thumb for guiding productivity, but must be tempered by safety nets for its upsets, and ceilings for its successes. Otherwise, we'd end in oligarchy.

Personal Freedom (moderate): Like most things in life, balance is necessary. We don't want the DEA busting in every home for signs of danger, but we should also minimize the tragic overdoses and abuses that arise from excessive freedom. If it's in private and it's not too dangerous, it's probably ok; however, there are some things that simply shouldn't be allowed.

Expressive Freedom (conservative): If people are in public, where I have to deal with them, they should be presentable and discreet. When they bring their problems to the streets it can be harmful, so we need to strictly limit what people are allowed to do in public.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2882 on: April 06, 2017, 07:49:30 PM »

Your result for The (US) Issues Test ...
Strange Democrat
You scored 73% economically responsible, 83% self-destructively free and 64% expressively free.

You want to control the marketplace, but not people... ideological conflicts are inevitable, and the government shouldn't silence them.
Economy (liberal): The economy is a raging force that must be controlled or we will be swept away. We have to remember that it is founded on greed, and unchecked greed is a recipe for disaster. Rigid rules must be in place to limit the powerful and prevent tragedies from slipping through the cracks.
Personal Freedom (liberal): If it only involves me, what right does anyone have to tell me no? A person should be allowed to be as stupid and harmful to themselves as they want, and letting the government go in, imposing majority morality, is dangerously tyrannical.
Expressive Freedom (liberal): This is a free country, isn't it? Why should my voice be silenced, just because you don' t like what it has to say? If I can do it in private, I can do it in public. You're always free to leave. Hampering a person's right to free expression is dangerously tyrannical

You scored 73% on Economic, higher than 79% of your peers.

You scored 83% on Self Freedom, higher than 93% of your peers.

You scored 64% on Expressive, higher than 93% of your peers.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #2883 on: April 06, 2017, 10:29:16 PM »

I'm a "closet Democrat" whatever that means.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2884 on: April 07, 2017, 01:52:11 AM »

Quiet Democrat
You scored 73% economically responsible, 47% self-destructively free and 39% expressively free.

Quiet Democrat

The market needs to be carefully controlled, but as long as people don't talk too much, they can do what they want (within reason).

Economy (liberal): The economy is a raging force that must be controlled or we will be swept away. We have to remember that it is founded on greed, and unchecked greed is a recipe for disaster. Rigid rules must be in place to limit the powerful and prevent tragedies from slipping through the cracks.

Personal Freedom (moderate): Like most things in life, balance is necessary. We don't want the DEA busting in every home for signs of danger, but we should also minimize the tragic overdoses and abuses that arise from excessive freedom. If it's in private and it's not too dangerous, it's probably ok; however, there are some things that simply shouldn't be allowed.

Expressive Freedom (conservative): If people are in public, where I have to deal with them, they should be presentable and discreet. When they bring their problems to the streets it can be harmful, so we need to strictly limit what people are allowed to do in public.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2885 on: April 07, 2017, 02:06:37 AM »

Hippy Centrist
You scored 52% economically responsible, 63% self-destructively free and 46% expressively free.

If it's behind closed doors, it's probably ok. They can even talk about it a little bit. Also, people need some help in the marketplace.

Economy (moderate): The economy is like any other natural system: it has advantages, but without safeguards, it can sweep us away. Supply and demand are good rules of thumb for guiding productivity, but must be tempered by safety nets for its upsets, and ceilings for its successes. Otherwise, we'd end in oligarchy.

Personal Freedom (liberal): If it only involves me, what right does anyone have to tell me no? A person should be allowed to be as stupid and harmful to themselves as they want, and letting the government go in, imposing majority morality, is dangerously tyrannical.

Expressive Freedom (moderate): We should strike a careful balance between governing the clash of viewpoints and allowing an ideological brawl. Some issues simply should be kept to private quarters (if there), regardless of how strongly people feel about them -- it can be dangerous and inappropriate in public. At the same time, being too restrictive isn't fair; this is supposed to be a free country. If it's not too dangerous or offensive, then let them share. Otherwise...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2886 on: April 07, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »

Quiet Centrist
You scored 58% economically responsible, 47% self-destructively free and 39% expressively free.

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2887 on: April 07, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »

Strange Democrat
You scored 90% economically responsible, 74% self-destructively free and 59% expressively free.

You want to control the marketplace, but not people... ideological conflicts are inevitable, and the government shouldn't silence them.

Expressive Freedom (liberal): This is a free country, isn't it? Why should my voice be silenced, just because you don't like what it has to say? If I can do it in private, I can do it in public. You're always free to leave. Hampering a person's right to free expression is dangerously tyrannical.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2888 on: April 07, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »

Hippy Centrist
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #2889 on: April 07, 2017, 09:29:52 PM »

I just took the iSideWith quiz for the first time in a while, and boy, have I shifted right:

Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #2890 on: April 07, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »

Your result for The (US) Issues Test ...

Talkative Republican

You scored 16% economically responsible, 39% self-destructively free and 55% expressively free.

Talkative Republican

Every man for himself works in the marketplace, but not in peoples' homes. If they have a problem with that, at least they can bark about it to anyone who will listen.

Economy (conservative): The government shouldn't baby individuals through the predictable storms of supply and demand. The system will naturally readjust itself to problems without government intervention. Furthermore, imposing arbitrary rules against success is actually unfair as it ignores the hard work of the successful.

Personal Freedom (conservative): People are stupid and can't be trusted to do what they want. Society has an obligation to keep them from hurting themselves, perhaps to limit its spread, but mainly to preserve the ideals of a healthy society. Even crackpots in hiding ruins our reputation.

Expressive Freedom (liberal): This is a free country, isn't it? Why should my voice be silenced, just because you don' t like what it has to say? If I can do it in private, I can do it in public. You're always free to leave. Hampering a person's right to free expression is dangerously tyrannical.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2891 on: April 08, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »

Not sure why but I never took that ISideWith quiz until now. Here were my results:

Not really sure what I side with Donald Trump on immigration on though, I didn't agree with the wall, for one. My answers usually fell along the lines of not treating undocumented immigrants like complete citizens, particularly with public services (unless they pay taxes).

Plus I think comparing anyone to Trump on this is inaccurate as Trump doesn't seem to have many true positions on issues. Well, maybe minus lowering taxes on himself and other topics that benefit him/his family personally.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2892 on: April 08, 2017, 04:27:10 PM »

"Quiet Republican"

Let the market run its course, and all will prosper! But all other human arenas must be rigidly controlled: few social freedoms. Who knows what they would stick in their bodies then excrete on others.

Economy (conservative): The government shouldn't baby individuals through the predictable storms of supply and demand. The system will naturally readjust itself to problems without government intervention. Furthermore, imposing arbitrary rules against success is actually unfair as it ignores the hard work of the successful.

Personal Freedom (conservative): People are stupid and can't be trusted to do what they want. Society has an obligation to keep them from hurting themselves, perhaps to limit its spread, but mainly to preserve the ideals of a healthy society. Even crackpots in hiding ruins our reputation.

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2893 on: April 08, 2017, 05:52:25 PM »

Feminism Test

Liberal Feminism

Liberal Feminism refers to feminist philosophy rooted in enlightenment principles. Its classical works were penned by thinkers such as Mary Wollstonecraft and John Stuart Mill. This type of feminism holds that men and women are each other’s equals and as such deserve equal rights. It is this type of feminism that people allude to when they say “feminism just means equal rights.”

As opposed to other forms of feminism, Liberal Feminism is individualistic (rather than group-based): Men and women deserve equal rights because both are individuals. Rights are granted to individuals, not genders or groups.

Liberal Feminism believes in equality of rights, not in equality of outcomes. For example, if a profession is dominated by only one gender, that does not necessarily mean that something is wrong: It could be the result of individuals making different decisions in life.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2894 on: April 08, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2017, 06:10:49 PM by SUSAN CRUSHBONE »

unsurprising

You must be logged in to read this quote.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2895 on: April 08, 2017, 06:07:05 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2896 on: April 08, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2897 on: April 08, 2017, 07:08:04 PM »

Liberal Feminism

Liberal Feminism refers to feminist philosophy rooted in enlightenment principles. Its classical works were penned by thinkers such as Mary Wollstonecraft and John Stuart Mill. This type of feminism holds that men and women are each other’s equals and as such deserve equal rights. It is this type of feminism that people allude to when they say “feminism just means equal rights.”

As opposed to other forms of feminism, Liberal Feminism is individualistic (rather than group-based): Men and women deserve equal rights because both are individuals. Rights are granted to individuals, not genders or groups.

Liberal Feminism believes in equality of rights, not in equality of outcomes. For example, if a profession is dominated by only one gender, that does not necessarily mean that something is wrong: It could be the result of individuals making different decisions in life.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2898 on: April 08, 2017, 07:12:33 PM »

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #2899 on: April 08, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »

Liberal Feminism

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 ... 153  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies