Senators from the opposite party that you are willing to vote for (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:07:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senators from the opposite party that you are willing to vote for (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senators from the opposite party that you are willing to vote for  (Read 2365 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:27 AM »
« edited: August 02, 2013, 02:27:29 AM by smoltchanov »

Well, i am Indie, but still - somewhat left-of-center (especially on social issues), so - "opposite party" in my case must, probably, be Republican. In such case:

1. Susan Collins
2. Lisa Murkowski
3. Mark Kirk
4. Thad Cochran (you will not get anyone better in MS for a long time)
5. John Hoeven (ditto in ND)

And that's probably, all (may be Alexander by the same reasoning). I wish i would have to make choice about 35-37 years ago. In THAT case my choice would be:

1. Jacob Javits
2. Clifford Case
3. Edward Brooke
4. Charles Mathias
5. Mark Hatfield

(and many other). It would be much better))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »

In a two-way race, none, because party control matters a lot more to me than individual candidates do. And it's not like there are any races on the horizon where the Republican will be to the left of the Democrat.

For me - just opposite: i care about persons and don't care (at all) about parties. May be i would if both existing parties would "tolerate" moderates like me more, or if there would be a strong moderate party. As it is - "person is everything for me, party - almost nothing"))))
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies