Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:39:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 42449 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:11:04 PM »

"To my antifa brothers and sisters in Christ in Charlottesville, keep fighting. God is with you in your stand against evil. Even for those of you who don't believe: God is with you too."

From my Facebook feed.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:52:00 PM »

HELL YES
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »

In other news, /pol/ "identified" the driver as Joel Vangheluwe and used various photos of him in artsy outfits as a way to prove "he's not one of us lmao, just another leftist"

And that would be great and all if Joel wasn't posting on Facebook as we speak.

Every incident like this gets /pol/ into detective mode, which has never not ended in them descending onto some poor innocent sap's social media page like a swarm of locusts.

I remember when they claimed a dead guy who was punched Richard Spencer.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 05:46:06 PM »

Reparations are a bad idea, but I really don't see how they are comparable to people chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 05:59:13 PM »

This has to do with the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue and a bunch of racists who thought they would use it as an opportunity. This doesn't have to do with trump.

If left-wing protestors would shoot police, I wouldn't come into the thread and say "Welcome to Obama's America." That's just ridiculous.

Funny you talk about that, because right wingers on Reddit making threats to the Charlottesville PD and laughing about the two killed in the chopper crash right now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »

DSA support BDS and are just as vile as -- and more dangerous than -- the organizers of the rally. Which doesn't excuse the latter group at all, btw.
How the hell are they more dangerous? They don't seem to do anything but pass resolutions at their convention and write long screeds on WordPress and Tumblr no one reads except some of their other members.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 06:01:23 PM »

I'm also pretty confident the vast majority of counter-protesters there had nothing to do with DSA.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 06:22:30 PM »

The Charlottesville PD sound pretty awesome compared to most police. I'm reading reports that they actually joined up with antifa in beating up Nazis.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 06:23:19 PM »

DSA support BDS and are just as vile as -- and more dangerous than -- the organizers of the rally. Which doesn't excuse the latter group at all, btw.
How the hell are they more dangerous?
Well, they will soon be in power.

DSA are soon going in power? Uh, what?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 06:28:26 PM »

How the hell are they more dangerous?
Well, they will soon be in power.
DSA are soon going in power? Uh, what?
In 2020 some left-wing Dem will win the presidency.

No Democratic politician is affiliated with DSA.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 06:29:42 PM »

So...American leftists want Bernie Sanders dead?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 06:38:30 PM »

Seeing as how Minneapolis is an extremely leftist city, and Al Franken is a "proud, open Jew", then logic would stand that most in Minneapolis would want him dead...which is pretty weird with how they vote for him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 06:43:59 PM »

You sincerely think that people don't know Bernie Sanders, from Brooklyn, who frequently cites his identity, is Jewish? Are you kidding me?
He's everything but a proud Jew, though -- every proud Jew is a Zionist. Sanders is as proud a Jew as Ana "Young Turk" Kasparian is a proud Armenian. I'm not exactly the only Jew viewing it this way.

Then the majority of American Jews are not "proud Jews", since just about all I've met don't really care at all either way about Zionism or Israel.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 07:52:12 PM »

Second degree murder.

Son of bitch got off the hook. This is VA, we give people the chair!
He ought to face terror charges. So should've Dylan Roof.

Seeing as how Dylann Roof was sentenced to death on federal charges and life with no parole on state charges what would've been the point on piling on any more charges against him?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 07:53:02 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2017, 07:54:50 PM by Compassion Fills the Void »

But yeah, this guy is getting off easy. Although if another two people died that'll probably be enough charges to lock him up for life. I just looked it up. In Virginia you can get up to 40 years for second degree murder.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 11:22:41 PM »

Can we now call the alt right "Radical Christian Terrorists"?
We've heard about "Radical Islamic Terrorists?"
We've heard about atheist Communists and the evil that they have done.

It seems that there are evil people in every "tribe".

Richard Spencer is an atheist, as are many alt-righters, others are into occult and paganism. There is no correlation between being a Christian and being alt-right.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 11:46:13 PM »

Can we now call the alt right "Radical Christian Terrorists"?
We've heard about "Radical Islamic Terrorists?"
We've heard about atheist Communists and the evil that they have done.

It seems that there are evil people in every "tribe".

Richard Spencer is an atheist, as are many alt-righters, others are into occult and paganism. There is no correlation between being a Christian and being alt-right.
The KKK is Christian. David Duke is part of the KKK and certainly was part of this protest.

Gee, it's almost as if the reason for this rally was completely unrelated to religion or something.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »

This sort of grasping at straws to try to make every single act of violence or terrorism committed by a white guy "Christian terrorism" really doesn't help and distracts from the real horrors. We don't even know the perpetrator's religious beliefs. No one would call Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (whose founder isn't even a Muslim) an Islamic terrorist group even though they have the same goal as Hamas, because their attacks aren't religious motivated. Neither was this guy's, even if he was loosely connected to the KKK.

It's kind of amazing how people also think the Oklahoma City bombing was an act of religious terrorism when McVeigh wasn't religious in any way...I've even heard people call Dylann Roof a Christian terrorist even though he actually attacked a Christian place of worship. It's amazing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 11:56:58 PM »

Since Republicans like to talk about "Radical Islamic Terrorism", it seems fair to point out that Muslims are not the only ones who commit violence.

Even the most depraved and ignorant Trumpist knows this. It's a ridiculous strawman.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:19 AM »

Trying to tie acts of violence and terrorism completely unrelated to Christianity (such as this, Dylann Roof's shooting or the OKC bombing) to Christianity and labeling them "Christian terrorism" is completely pointless if the goal is only to be Captain Obvious and shows that people other than Muslims commit violence, since McVeigh, Roof and the driver were not Muslims either.

Not every act of terrorism is religious-based.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 12:05:39 AM »

There is a lot of overlap between religion and politics and the point is that a lot of wars have been waged at least in part because of religion. Wars can be waged for other reasons.

Is there any point you're trying to make that isn't totally blatantly obvious?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 12:14:54 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 12:17:41 AM by Compassion Fills the Void »

Yes, it should be obvious, but is it obvious to everyone? Why has there been so much of an issue of calling ISIS radical Islamic terrorists? It has been a silly talking point and the Republicans are the ones who have made much ado about nothing. That has been your straw man.

Uh, because they are Islamic terrorists? As noted they even call themselves the Islamic State.

If you want to refer to white supremacist terrorists as white supremacist terrorists, go ahead. It seems pretty logical to simply to refer to terrorists by their motivation and whatever their ideology is instead of twisting to fit them into categories they can only be extremely loosely linked to, if at all.

The equivalent of what you're doing would be calling a group like Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine or the Janjaweed an Islamic terrorist group, not ISIS.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 12:23:01 AM »

Yes, it should be obvious, but is it obvious to everyone? Why has there been so much of an issue of calling ISIS radical Islamic terrorists? It has been a silly talking point and the Republicans are the ones who have made much ado about nothing. That has been your straw man.

Uh, because they are Islamic terrorists? As noted they even call themselves the Islamic State.

If you want to refer to white supremacist terrorists as white supremacist terrorists, go ahead. It seems pretty logical to simply to refer to terrorists by their motivation and whatever their ideology is instead of twisting to fit them into categories they can only be extremely loosely linked to, if at all.
..and the KKK call themselves Christians. There motivation may come from their racism, rather than their religion, that would be the only difference. Why does it matter so much what they're called. Yes, I know the I in ISIS is Islam, so it really shouldn't even be an issue, right?

If you want to call the KKK a Christian terrorist group, I honestly wouldn't care. Although it's worth noting that the KKK went bankrupt during the FDR administration and hasn't existed for seven decades, and any group calling itself KKK today is just a basically just a bunch of racist cosplayers. "The KKK" as an actual unified organization doesn't really exist anymore.

That has nothing to do with whether the driver of that car is a Christian terrorist, because there is no evidence he was part of some KKK group as there were many other white nationalist groups present. So referring to him as a "Christian terrorist" is simply not correct. And yet, he's probably not a Muslim either, so even that doesn't weaken the blatantly obvious point that not just Muslims commit violence. So why even bother making this ridiculous line of argument?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 11:09:59 AM »

This is a pretty good post I saw on the issue...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

WRONG!

https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist/status/896713553666871296
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 11:28:56 AM by Compassion Fills the Void »

If only this guy was present at the rally.

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies