Introducing myself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:25:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Introducing myself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Introducing myself!  (Read 8018 times)
roux18
Russian Federation

« on: September 18, 2013, 01:29:43 PM »

Hey!  This is Roux18 here, and since I am new to the forum I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself!

I am currently a high school junior living in Moscow, Russia with my parents and my younger sister.  I have lived in Russia for close to two years now, and before that lived in Buenos Aires, London, and Johannesburg.  However, I was born and spent the first 9 years of my life in McLean, Virginia close to D.C.  I currently study at the Anglo-American School of Moscow.  I hope to return to the United States for my college education.

I would describe myself as fairly politically conservative, and I identify with the Republican Party in the United States.  However, I'm somewhat at odds with the Tea Party/Libertarian faction of the party and feel more comfortable with the moderate wing of the party.  If y'all have any more questions about my beliefs (or anything really) feel free to ask me!

Hope to be getting to know y'all better soon!

roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 01:59:26 PM »

Hey!  This is Roux18 here, and since I am new to the forum I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself!

I am currently a high school junior living in Moscow, Russia with my parents and my younger sister.  I have lived in Russia for close to two years now, and before that lived in Buenos Aires, London, and Johannesburg.  However, I was born and spent the first 9 years of my life in McLean, Virginia close to D.C.  I currently study at the Anglo-American School of Moscow.  I hope to return to the United States for my college education.

I would describe myself as fairly politically conservative, and I identify with the Republican Party in the United States.  However, I'm somewhat at odds with the Tea Party/Libertarian faction of the party and feel more comfortable with the moderate wing of the party.  If y'all have any more questions about my beliefs (or anything really) feel free to ask me!

Hope to be getting to know y'all better soon!

Which place that you mentioned says "y'all"?

I was born in Virginia and both of my parents are from Mississippi. 
roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 11:21:32 PM »

A sock?  I am not a sock!

What evidence is there to suggest otherwise?
roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »

This is absolutely ridiculously, I have never even been to South Dakota and have no idea who this TDAS guy is.

Also, only Bacon King can see my IP address.  Why do you guys believe him so readily? 

This forum will never attract new members if they have to put up with shenanigans like this.
roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:59:47 PM »

This is weird and sad. Why would someone do this? Why invent such a character and continue to play it even after being called out.

Is there a reason the mods say your IP is from Colorado? Huh

My computer is a laptop?  I really don't know anything about IP addresses...

I swear that I am not TDAS though, and if my account gets suspended because of this than it really is a shame.
roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 12:17:07 AM »

Assuming you are what you say you are...what is your take on the recently enacted anti-gay laws in Russia?

Quite frankly I think that it is awful. 

While I'm typically not very sympathetic to the GLBT cause, I don't think they should have to live in fear like they have to in Russia. 
roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 12:25:20 AM »

Assuming you are what you say you are...what is your take on the recently enacted anti-gay laws in Russia?

Quite frankly I think that it is awful. 

While I'm typically not very sympathetic to the GLBT cause, I don't think they should have to live in fear like they have to in Russia. 

What is the general attitude of people in Moscow?  Are most folks in favor of it?

Its very much a socioeconomic thing. 

Of course, most of my social circle (which is overwhelmingly composed of other Americans, Britons, and Canadians) is vehemently against the law.  However, Moscow's large working class is probably the most socially conservative (yet in a non-religious kinda way) group that you will ever see and they think that the laws don't go far enough

Now, the upper-class in Moscow is pretty evenly split.  A lot of your more young, bourgeoisie-types (what we would call latte liberals in the US) are against the laws, but the conservative political establishment (what we would call K Street types in the US) are supportive of the rules.  In other cities though, like St. Petersburg, the upper-class is much more liberal than it is in Moscow. 
roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 10:24:52 AM »

I AM NOT SIMFAN.  I AM NOT TDAS.

I AM ROUX18 FROM MOSCOW, RUSSIA.

My father works for USDA (FAS) in the embassy here!
roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 11:20:39 AM »

#GOPswagg
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies