2020 Texas Redistricting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 10:57:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Texas Redistricting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Texas Redistricting thread  (Read 59271 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: September 23, 2021, 12:43:13 AM »

I just want to note it's taken 18 years for Texas Republicans to go from attaching 50/50 rural areas to hyper Republican suburbs to gain power (DeLaymander) to attaching 50/50 suburbs to rural areas, now hyper Republican, to try to keep from losing power.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=180x4150

Rural areas of Texas vote more Democratic than you think.
Several of the target of re-redictricting were Democrats primarily in rural areas. What re-redistricting did was tie urban areas and rural areas with suburban majorities to decrease the influence of these two traditionally Democratic strongholds (in Congress anyway). The rural folks might vote Republican locally, but they tend to vote for Democrats in Congress (of the Texas variety, but still better than a Tom DeLay clone).

Yep, East Texas got screwed
We're certainly not liberal (and we're trending more repub), but we are still a Dem stronghold. Delay really put the screws to our area in his warped idea of re-re-districting. And urban Houston and Austin didn't fare much better.

The Suburbanites are now in charge, thank you very much. In my area that means the voters of The Woodlands, Kingwood, Humble and Conroe get to call the shots. And if you've seen the majority of these Stepford Clones, you know just how bad the situation really is! Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!*

this is exactly why
we need to shake trees to get voters to the polls, and harass the kerry campaign to get the candidates' butts down here a couple more times. i'm tired of the D/FW & other metro areas having a strangle-hold on the rest of the state. besides, we all know from what we hear/see in the streets that bush is in big trouble here in texas, but do we see that in the polls? nope, which is why neither party is spending much time or money here in texas.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 03:36:20 PM »

I'm reading online that Democrats could win around 88 seats on this map (out of 150) within the next few cycles.

Trump won 86 seats on this map so I doubt they can get to 88
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies