SENATE BILL: DUMB REPEALING REPEAL ACT (Tabling Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:57:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: DUMB REPEALING REPEAL ACT (Tabling Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: DUMB REPEALING REPEAL ACT (Tabling Vote)  (Read 2709 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« on: August 04, 2019, 12:57:59 AM »

Sorry for missing this.

Anyway, this bill brings back dozens of regulations that were repealed by many of the DRAAs we've had over multiple Congresses, the overwhelming majority of which were never even debated properly.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 06:34:25 PM »

Maybe the reason the advocacy was short was because it was 2 AM when I posted it and I was rushed? Also, how can you say the DRAAs were debated reasonably when every time it was just people taking you at your word because nobody knows what the hell these regulations are?

Anyway, I'm putting this list into a few posts to make it more accessible and because it'll break the character limit. Explanations in italics:
DUMB REGULATION APPEALS ACT 1 (F.L. 12-18) SECTIONS I-VII REPEALS
The regulation capping the amount of water allowed during a toilet flush is hereby repealed. 42 U.S. Code § 6295 shall be amended accordingly.

The regulation limiting dishwashers to 3.1 gallons per cycle is hereby repealed. 10 CFR 429.19 shall be amended accordingly. Both this and the regulation above will help with water conservation

The regulation telling people that they cannot smoke in their home is hereby repealed. 24 CFR 965.653 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation only applies to public housing, despite the framing here

The regulation mandating that existing swimming pools install mechanical pool lifts is hereby repealed. 28 CFR 35.150(b) and 28 CFR 36.304(d) shall be amended accordingly. Makes pools more accessible to people with disabilities

The regulation criminalizing drunk skydiving is hereby repealed. 14 CFR 105.7(a) shall be amended accordingly. Seems reasonable to criminalize something that's clearly dangerous

The regulation prohibiting the sale of onion rings made with diced onions as “onion rings” is hereby repealed. 21 CFR 102.39 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation just means onion rings made of diced onions have to state it, they can still call it onion rings

The regulations prohibiting wine labels which comment on a competitor’s products, contain obscene or indecent images, contain a brand name similar to a type of liquor, or contain the bottling date in too large a font are hereby repealed. 27 CFR 4.39 shall be amended accordingly. The first item on the list is to prevent slander, the second is for obvious reasons, and the third is to prevent consumer confusion. I am willing to amend out the bottling date part, because who cares?

The regulation mandating that HUD participants compile racial data is hereby repealed. 24 CFR 570 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation makes it harder for renters to hide racial discrimination

The regulation mandating that ATF Form 4473 compile racial data is hereby repealed. 27 CFR 478.124 and 28 CFR 25.7 shall be amended accordingly. Same as the above regulation but for firearms transactions

The regulation prohibiting the importation of gas masks without registering under the Arms Control Act is hereby repealed. 22 U.S.C. § 2794 and 27 CFR 447.42 shall be amended accordingly. Considering that through my reading of both regulations that gas masks aren't mentioned once, I'm certain this repeals a lot more than just gas masks

The regulation requiring that a juvenile rancher or farmer needs written parental permission rather than just parental permission to carry a handgun while working is hereby repealed. 18 USC § 922(x)(3)(A)(ii) shall be amended accordingly. This regulation makes it easier for it to be known that children have permission to carry handguns on ranches

The regulation banning the sale of lawn darts is hereby repealed. 16 CFR 1306 shall be amended accordingly. Lawn darts is a game that had a record of killing 3 children and injuring 6100 children before it was banned. We don't need to bring it back

ATF Form 4 shall be amended to eliminate question 15 asking for reason of purchase. This regulation requires a reason for someone to purchase either a short barreled shotgun, short barreled rifle, a machine gun, suppressor, or destructive device

The FDA Guidance Document labeling Fecal Microbiota for Transplantation (FMT) as a biologic drug subject to the exclusivity requirements of the Orphan Drug Act and the Biologics Price Competition Innovation Act is hereby rescinded. FDA Draft Guidance on FMT dated March 1, 2016 shall be rescinded accordingly. This is one that's likely to be amended out since it's only a draft guideline that doesn't appear to have been finalized.

The following fertilizer ingredients shall be re-added to the list of approved inert ingredients:

a. Argon
b. Benzoyl Peroxide
c. Copper Acetate
d. Dioctyl Phthalate
e. Ethane
f. Nitrous Oxide
g. Rotenone
h. Turpentine Oil
40 CFR 152.3 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation prevents fertilizers from containing unnecessary ingredients

The regulation on fertilizer purchases of more than 25 pounds is hereby eliminated. 6 U.S.C. § 488a is hereby repealed. This regulation regulates the purchase of ammonium nitrate, which is used in fertilizer but also explosives.

The regulation requiring the recall of any vehicle with easy to peel off warning labels is hereby eliminated. 49 CFR 573.6 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation makes sure warning labels stay on cars better.

The lawful carrying of firearms in Army Corps of Engineers recreation areas shall not be prohibited. 36 CFR 327.13 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation designates ACoE recreation areas as gun free zones

Caffeine shall not be interpreted as an "unsafe food additive" in alcoholic beverages. FDA Guidance Letter dated November 17, 2010 is hereby rescinded. Caffeine and alcohol are well known to be an incredibly dangerous combination.

The regulation banning the sale of flavored tobacco is hereby eliminated. 21 U.S.C. § 387g shall be amended accordingly. Flavored tobacco is the most addictive kind of tobacco, particularly with underage users.

Partially-hydrogenated oils shall be classified as “generally recognized as safe”. The FDA Final Determination dated June 17, 2015 is hereby rescinded. Partially hydrogenated oils contain trans fats, which are obviously not safe.

Stevia rebaudiana leaf extracts shall be classified as “generally recognized as safe”. The FDA Final Determination dated August 17, 2016 is hereby rescinded. Given that I currently can't find the source document, I will amend this out

Attaching a removable device that launches cans shall not constitute the manufacture of “Any Other Weapon” requiring registration with ATF. 26 U.S.C. § 5845(e) shall be amended accordingly and ATF Letter 907010: WJS 3311/303501 is hereby rescinded. This regulation basically makes anything that fires a projectile using blanks a "firearm"

The regulation banning the melting of pennies and nickels is hereby eliminated. 31 CFR 82.1 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation makes sure that there aren't people melting thousands of coins for the more valuable scrap metal in them, thus harming the metal supply

The regulation on matchbook staples is hereby eliminated. 16 CFR 1202 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation is intended to make matchbooks safer

Incandescent lamps shall be exempt from federal energy conservation standards. 42 U.S.C. § 6295 shall be amended accordingly. This makes sure that incandescent lightbulbs have to follow the same rules as other lightbulbs

The regulation limiting the shapes of egg noodles available for sale in interstate commerce is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 139.150(b) shall be amended accordingly. This regulation makes a clear definition for egg noodles

The regulation requiring vessel operators on the St Lawrence Seaway to possess a copy of Part 401 of Title 33 of the Code of Federal Regulations when traveling through the St. Lawrence Seaway is hereby eliminated. 33 CFR 401.94(a) shall be amended accordingly. This regulation makes sure that regulations are easily accessible to those operating vessels

The regulation prohibiting clotheslines longer than 15 feet and limiting each campsite to 1 clothesline each in Zion National Park is hereby eliminated. 2016 Zion National Park Superintendants Compendium (a)(7) to 36 CFR 2.10 shall be amended accordingly. This is a regulation that prevents damage to the Zion National Park

The determination that a shoelace can be a Machine Gun is hereby rescinded. ATF Determination Letter 3311/2007-615 (903050:JPV) is hereby rescinded. The source document actually says shoelaces can't be machine guns but can be used to increase the fire rate of a gun to make it as such

The regulation setting a minimum ratio of raisins to bread in order to sell raisin bread in interstate commerce is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 136.160(a)(1) shall be amended accordingly. This regulation sets a clear definition of raisin bread.

It shall be prohibited for any government officer to unilaterally convert railroad easements across private land into bike trail easements under the Rails to Trails program. 16 CFR 1248 shall be amended accordingly. This is one I will amend out.

The regulation prohibiting the possession of nunchucks in Fort Lewis is hereby eliminated. 32 CFR 552.121(d) shall be amended accordingly. This regulation only prohibits nunchuck possession outside legitimate martial arts training, despite the framing

The regulation setting a minimum ratio of beans to franks to sell beans and franks in interstate commerce is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR 319.309 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation makes sure that there is at least a reasonable amount of franks in beans and franks

The regulation prohibiting motorcyclists from wearing headphones in Fort Stewart is hereby eliminated. 32 CFR 636.35 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation prohibits people driving US government vehicles from wearing headphones. Also, the regulation doesn't mention Fort Stewart anyway so uh...

The regulation requiring that labels on uncooked chicken contain a graphic of a skillet is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR 381.125(b)(3)(iii) shall be amended accordingly. This is a graphic that'd be useful to symbolize it needs to be cooked, especially for those which English isn't a first language

The regulations capping the number of gallons on untaxed beer or wine a family may brew or ferment for personal consumption is hereby eliminated. 26 U.S.C. § 5042 and 26 U.S.C. § 5053(e)(2) shall be amended accordingly. It seems pretty clear that if you're making more than 200 gallons of alcohol, you're probably going to sell it

The regulation prohibiting food packaging from mentioning “Love” as a food ingredient is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 101.4(a)(1) shall be amended accordingly. Another blatant lie! This regulation only covers the ingredient list, but he frames it as banning it on the advertising part of the packaging.

The regulation prohibiting the sale of deodorant advertised as "lasting all day" unless it reduces armpit sweat by 20% over 24 hours in interstate commerce is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 350.50(b)(3) shall be amended accordingly I don't think it's good to allow misleading advertising

The regulation prohibiting the importation of air soft rifles lacking a blaze orange barrel cap is hereby eliminated. 15 CFR 272 is hereby repealed. This regulation helps make sure people can tell if a gun is fake or not, preventing intimidation

The regulation requiring commercial dog walkers to visibly wear their commercial dog walking badge on Presidio National Trust Land is hereby eliminated. 36 CFR 1002.6(b)(3) shall be amended accordingly. This regulation helps curb unlicensed dog walkers

The regulation prohibiting the sale of cashmere wool that contains more than 3% fibers with an average diameter exceeding 30 microns is hereby eliminated. 15 USC 68b(a)(6)(C) shall be amended accordingly. I think I'll amend this one out, since this does seem oddly specific

The regulation mandating that tampons be tested for absorbency with a condom machine is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 801.430(e) and (f) shall be amended accordingly. This regulation helps make sure that tampons actually work before they're brought onto the market

The regulation prohibiting the manufacture or sale of fireworks that dumb people might mistake for food is hereby eliminated. 16 CFR 1500.17(a)(8 ) shall be amended accordingly. It's likely going to be children that would make these mistakes.

The regulation prohibiting the sale of Pool Slides with handrails that extend more than 18 inches above the top of the slide runway platform is hereby eliminated. 16 CFR 1207.5(d) shall be amended accordingly This makes sure that handrails are actually reachable

The regulation prohibiting gum chewing while in Wind Cave National Park is hereby eliminated. 36 CFR 1.5 shall be amended accordingly. This seems like a regulation to prevent spit out gum being all over a park

The regulations classifying the USAS-12, Striker 12, and Streetsweeper shotguns as destructive devices is hereby eliminated. ATF Ruling 94-1 and ATF Ruling 94-2 are hereby rescinded. Both of these are rulings that are consistent with the definition of "destructive device"

The regulation requiring bunk beds sold in interstate commerce to contain a warning not to horseplay on the bed is hereby eliminated. 16 CFR 1513.6(b)(3) shall be amended accordingly. Seems reasonable to contain warnings on things not to do

The regulation prohibiting unnecessary empty space in food containers is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 100.100 shall be amended accordingly. Why would you want unnecessary empty space?

The regulation prohibiting the manufacture or sale of toiletries containing microbeads is hereby eliminated. 21 USC § 331 (ddd) and § 333(aaa) shall be amended accordingly. Microbeads are a great danger to our environment

The regulation that rhubarb sherbert sold in interstate commerce be at least 10% rhubarb is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 135.140(d) shall be amended accordingly. Seems odd that you would want anything less

The regulation subjecting new force-air furnaces and residential wood heaters to New Source Pollution Standards is hereby eliminated. 40 CFR 60 shall be amended accordingly. Yet another repeal that's bad for the environment. Why does Mr. R hate the environment so much?

The regulation prohibiting public eating establishments from serving unlabeled yellow margarine in a restaurant unless each serving is triangular is hereby eliminated. 21 U.S.C. §347(c) shall be eliminated. This is to prevent confusion of unlabeled margarine and butter.

The regulation prohibiting the sale of deodorant without a warning directing users to “apply to underarms only” is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 350.50(d) shall be eliminated. This seems like a reasonable warning to me

The regulation prohibiting egg processing workers from wearing jewelry or nail polish while handling eggs is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR 590.560(g) shall be amended accordingly. I don't think one would want nail polish on their eggs

The regulation subjecting all vaping products to the same regulations as cigarettes shall be delayed until January 1, 2025. Vaping shares many of the same health issues as smoking, so it's quite reasonable to apply the same regulations to both.

The regulation mandating rather than permitting that a participating jurisdiction under the HOME program set aside 15% of its funds for Community Housing Development Organizations is hereby eliminated. 24 CFR 92.300 shall be amended accordingly. This regulation makes sure that community housing development gets the funding it needs

The regulation prohibiting the sale of baby pacifiers with leather or chain attached is hereby eliminated. 16 CFR §1500.18(a)(8 ) & 1511.6 shall be amended accordingly This is a regulation to protect from babies choking on pacifiers

The regulation prohibiting cosmetic labiaplasty is hereby eliminated. 18 U.S.C § 116(b) shall be amended accordingly. This regulation is against FGM. Surely we should be against that!

The regulation determining that the replacement of copper mesh in a suppressor with a copper scrubbing pad is the manufacture of a suppressor requiring a special manufacturers license is hereby eliminated. ATF Determination Letter 903050:MRC 3311/2010-1001 (11/26/10) is hereby rescinded. This regulation prevents non-licensed manufacturers from replacing copper meshes, which is reasonable.

Collodial silver shall be considered an eligible over the counter medicine for the purposes of expenditures from Health Savings Account monies. Title XLII-7 of the Code of Atlasia shall be amended accordingly. Literally no scientific evidence suggests that collodial silver is safe or effective medicine.

The regulation prohibiting the production and use of a physical voluntary barter currency is hereby eliminated. 18 U.S.C. § 486 shall be amended accordingly This regulation is clearly targeted at coins that look like real currency, preventing counterfeit

The regulation determining that the replacement of a rubber suppressor wipe is the manufacture of a suppressor requiring a special manufacturers license is hereby eliminated. ATF Determination Letter 901040:GS 5320/99-0115 (8/23/99) shall be the appropriate determination on suppressor wipes. See the copper mesh regulation above

If any other Senators and observers would like to assist me and demonstrate the other appeals, that would be very much appreciated as just these first 6 sections of the first DRAA took quite a while for me to go through.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 05:52:24 PM »

To help get the ball rolling again, I offered thoughts on this privately (I intended to do it on here at the time but I didn't get around to it) that I'm pasting here.

[11:18 PM] YE: The cap on beer makes the most sense for sure
[11:19 PM] YE: Iffy on the smartphone one
[11:19 PM] YE: He’s right on the Love one unless I’m missing something
[11:21 PM] YE: The unliscened dog one and air soft rifles seem fine regs
[11:22 PM] YE: Lean towards trusting him on the tampon one but not sure
[11:23 PM] YE: Watersales and fireworks ones seem fine regulations
[11:24 PM] YE: The chewing gum one is kinda nannystating
[11:25 PM] YE: The bunk breads reg is fine
[11:26 PM] YE: Empty space one I don’t think is criminalized/enforced anywhere IRL
[11:28 PM] YE: The micro breads and air furnaces ones seem justifiable regs even if they have downsides
[11:29 PM] YE: In regards to rhubarb you have to draw the line somewhere
[11:30 PM] YE: Not sure on the margarine and butter reg honestly
[11:31 PM] YE: The dedorant one isn’t a deal breaker but that reg has merit
[11:32 PM] YE: I trust Reactionary on HOME
[11:36 PM] YE: The pacifier reg seems reasonable
[11:36 PM] YE: FGM warrants separate debate and shouldn’t be in a bill like this
[11:38 PM] YE: Copper mesh reg seems reasonable
[11:39 PM] YE: Colloidal silver should not be on specificed health savings accounts I think
[11:40 PM] YE: The barter currency one seems iffy to me could go either way
[11:41 PM] YE: The rubber suppressor wipe reg is fine

I'd be on board.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 03:21:22 PM »

Nay so YE's amendment can get voted on.
Pages: [1]