Should zoosexuality be legal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:09:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should zoosexuality be legal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 160

Author Topic: Should zoosexuality be legal?  (Read 36981 times)
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »

Obviously I would never have sex with an animal. That said...

Animals clearly do not have a protected right to demand consent before anything is done to their body. There are many species of animal that we (legally) allow to be locked in cages, made to stand in their own feces, forcefully pumped full of "food", and then slaughtered. Other animals, pets like dogs and cats, are protected to some degree by animal cruelty laws, so perhaps forcefully entering a dog or a cat should be illegal. But what if a male dog chooses, of his own volition, to mount a ready-and-willing human female (or the anus of a human male)? And then let's return to the barnyard animals that are afforded little to no protection and rights. If it's legal to lock a cow in a tiny cage for its entire life and then kill it, why is raping the cow any worse?

I wonder how the results of a poll asking if it should be legal to lock up animals in cages and force them to mechanically produce food before they are killed would compare to the results of this poll?
greenforest32

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 08:22:37 PM »

Yes. If you can obtain consent from an animal, the state has no right to say that you can't bone it.

But how can you obtain consent from an animal? I mean, I guess you can give your consent for the animal to bone you, but that doesn't work in reverse because we can't communicate verbally in the same language with animals.
greenforest32

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2013, 09:00:11 PM by greenforest32 »

But how can you obtain consent from an animal? I mean, I guess you can give your consent for the animal to bone you, but that doesn't work in reverse because we can't communicate verbally in the same language with animals.

There are some really stingy women out there who it's difficult to obtain consent from... doesn't mean that it should be illegal, if you could. Rape is already illegal, though. Tongue

I think the language issue here is that people don't think an animal can consent to sex so therefore they consider bestiality/zoo-sexuality to be rape. That means that to propose legalizing the practice probably sounds like legalizing rape against animals. So you'd have to explain how animals can consent to it before people will consider the idea...
greenforest32

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 09:13:44 PM »

Yes. If you can obtain consent from an animal, the state has no right to say that you can't bone it.

This might make some amount of sense except that animals tend to "bone" rather violently; "dude gets [inks]ed by horse, dude admitted to hospital with internal bleeding" is a rather common news item.  So, it's sort of recklessly exposing oneself to the possibility of injury, the cost of which may have to be borne by others.

It makes some sense in the sense that you have the mental capacity to understand the situation and clearly give your consent for something like that to happen to you but my point was that the animal can't do that like humans can so therefore zoosexuality shouldn't be legal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies