Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:06:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 72186 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:27 AM »

The US Navy's Mediterranean Task Force is ordered to- as always- support our Ottoman allies
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »

Agreed... Japan's separate peace is not a lingering issue for me
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2014, 07:41:03 AM »

Along with my British and Ottoman allies- I hereby recognize Turkmenistan and will send a delegation led by Special Envoy Grover Cleveland
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2014, 07:29:15 PM »

Me too
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2014, 09:43:22 PM »

Three Items for now...

Mark Hanna

I order flags flown at half mast and a day of national mourning

Morocco

The USA will not rearrange its global strategy to save a playboy not even living within our borders.... nor will we negotiate with a low rate bandit kidnapping our citizens for ransom. I order a Bureau of Investigation unit to make its wait using Gibraltar as a staging area. Attempt to free our citizen- and use whatever means necessary- but do not do anything which distracts from our national prestige

I propose a unity Republican ticket of John Hay and Robert La Follette. These men represent two wings ideologically of the Republican Party and are both respected statesmen- Hay mostly for foreign policy and La Follette for domestic policy. I have known both for a long time- John Hay began his career as an assistant to the greatest President in our nation's history and he will be a historic leader of our nation in his own right. I urge the party to quickly nominate these fine men

Lincoln and Hay

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2014, 11:51:47 PM »

The US Navy's Mediterranean Task Force is ordered to support the efforts of our Italian and French friends as they combat Morocco
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2014, 11:54:18 PM »

Nicaragua

I agree to direct negotiations between myself and President Santos to create the Nicaragua Canal

Mr . President- please give us your proposal

Pres McKinley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2014, 10:49:27 PM »

The USA commends the Ottoman Empire's leadership on this issue and wholeheartedly endorses its plan
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2014, 11:30:58 AM »

I'd like to remind the Tsar that half of his Black Sea Fleet- which would be his primary unit to attack the Ottomans- is now in the Sultan's hands. He should consider that he is in a position of weakness if he were to intervene on behalf of Bulgaria... which I urge him not to do, as I was rather enjoying peace!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »

I order the commanders of the US Navy's Mediterranean Task Force to consult with their counterparts in the Ottoman and French navies to coordinate logistical support
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »

I urge the Russian Tsar to get a hold of the situation involving the Jews... genocide is unacceptable and will result in intervention
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »

I will give the Tsar the benefit of the doubt for now that he is merely attempting to regain control of his country
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »

I am delighted two of our closest allies in the world have signed a pact...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »

OOC-I will be busy today so will give a longer response later on...

I would like to express my profound condolences on behalf of our entire nation to our British brethren... we pledge our full support in helping you recover from this and find the culprits

I would like to remind my countrymen that terrorists and anarchists plague the streets of our European partners- we must do all we can do fight them before they reach our shores as well. I hope the voters keep that in mind as they head to the polls to elect either a diplomat and statesman respected across the world- or an unknown and inexperienced isolationist
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »

Nicaragua Canal

I agree to President Santos's proposal and I thank him for his cooperation
This canal will be a major boost not only to the USA- but to all of world trade.... The USA agrees to assume defense of the canal to ensure there is no disruption in trade

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »

Case for Republican Re-Election

For the past eight years- President McKinley has led our nation through rapidly changing times... together, we have faced war, national tragedy, and challenge after challenge. We have emerged stronger then ever before- a leading nation of the world. Militarily, economically, culturally- we have closer bonds to the other nations of the world then ever before

Now- we have the chance to elect a ticket which represents the best our party has to offer. First- Treasury Secretary Robert LaFollette is a fighter for the consumer and against trusts which seek to run our economy....he is a progressive who will lead the next Republican administration's domestic efforts. Finally- Secretary of State John Hay is already a statesman the likes of Washington and Lincoln. His service to Lincoln during the most challenging time in our nation's history led to a lifetime of building American power and prestige. Moving out of an era of war into an era of peace- we need a leader like John Hay

Give us Republican majorities in the House and Senate and you will see America continue to rise
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2014, 10:07:36 AM »

On Japan

I would like to formally state that the USA bears no ill will towards Japan for a separate peace- while we wish we would have been consulted beforehand, we know that allies are bound to have different interests at times and Japan has been a trustworthy ally overall and one incident does not affect our mutual commitment to the alliance
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2014, 10:47:37 PM »

To: The United States of America

We would like to offer an alliance between our two nations to signify our friendship and cooperation over the last few years.
Seeing your positive cooperation with our mutual allies- I am happy to support such an alliance... perhaps you could propose the terms and my successor who takes office next turn can be the one to affix his signature
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2014, 11:36:39 PM »

Thank you both very much....

Expect an official statement from President Hay by tomorrow night
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2014, 09:18:34 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2014, 09:20:22 AM by President John Hay »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Abdul Hamid II

It is my honor to sign this alliance
Our alliance with the Ottomans is more then an alliance- it is a brotherhood where the well being of both contributes to the well being of all. Our cooperation with the Germans shows that we will likewise be able to work with them as brothers

Stronger...together!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »

I would like to thank all of the congratulations I have received from foreign leaders

As a career diplomat- I understand the importance of strong relationships with the other nations of the world. While I will continue to strengthen our defense capabilities- I only do so to deter war and promote peace.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2014, 12:10:44 PM »

I am honored to propose the first summit of the Triple Entente in Milwaukee- which has many citizens of German ancestry
It would be an honor to host the Sultan for the second time
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2014, 12:49:10 PM »

To Denmark

Before the war- we had begun negotiations for the USA to purchase Greenland. Such an arrangement is only practical....Greenland is in our continent and it is a drain on the Danish treasury to continue providing for it.

Our previous negotiations were inconclusive and interrupted by the start of the war, but it is time to start them up again. I will offer $20 million for Greenland and this will be my final offer

The other leading nations of the world- including your neighbors Britain and Germany- have recognized our claim.

Naval Orders

I order a task force from the Atlantic Fleet to sail northeast towards the North Sea and remain on alert north of Denmark
I order the Mediterranean Task Force to be ready to support the efforts of the Atlantic Fleet
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »

I will likewise ensure that Vice President La Follette is pressent to speak with your trade delegation.....The VP will be overseeing domestic policy and I will ensure that he makes trade with your rising nation one of our top priorities
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »

If the Tsar is willing to send an ambassador to Washington, I shall send one to Petrograd

I'd like to express my concern regarding the Tsar's statements. While he took a bold step in surrendering on such terms and I commend him for that- his speech for the future suggests rampant militarism and a brutal internal crackdown. This hardly looks like a Tsar humbled by his defeat , but rather one who is bitter over it. I cannot see peace lasting very long in a Europe in which the Russian bear is plotting its revenge at the soonest opportunity. We will see the Russian flag raised in Berlin, Vienna, and Constantinople if we do not maintain careful watch over the Tsar's policies and their effects

I will be watching not only the Tsar's words- but his actions. If I see a situation in which the Tsar plots the next great war, I will remove such a threat and I have little doubt my allies- the other leading nations of Europe- will be by my side
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies