Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:43:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 72178 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2014, 11:19:29 AM »

Of course the USA condemns the slaughter of any innocent man, woman, or child.... and we could not agree more with the Sultan that such tragedies would not have occured had the Brits actually given a damn about the people they claim to "own"!

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2014, 11:56:03 AM »

I share the Sultan's sentiments.....thank you to the Prime Minister of France, my friend and ally, for his efforts.

The British have- in word and deed- shown the world that they believe they are above the law. Their boasting of owning a quarter of the world reflects a superior attitude. The fact that they feel they can install their puppets to rule Mecca when the Caliph of Islam disputes this- how dare they? They are a terrorist state.....more terrorism in the world is caused by British action then any one else. They have the gall to berate us for not condemning the murder of Jewish settlers- which,by the way, we have condemned- while not accepting responsibility for causing the circumstances in which it occurred

I will happily send an envoy to Paris to speak with our French allies.... and when the British learn humility,we will speak to them as well
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »

After negotiations between representatives of the Tsar, Kaiser, Sultan, and President- we are pleased to announce the following agreement

You must be logged in to read this quote.

X President John Hay

I am pleased to sign this agreement. I commend the Tsar, the Kaiser,and the Sultan for putting aside old disputes and moving forward together. I believe a peaceful future between Russia and the Entente will benefit all of us- and indeed, the entire world. I look forward to seeing what we will achieve together
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »

The USA seeks peace with every nation
But peace is made difficult when an empire is based on the use of force to suppress the free will of billions across the Earth

I'd like to see the British Empire become an empire no more.....and the first step is to end the conscription of your foreign subjects into your military

The USA will only consider attending the Paris peace talks if the Prime Minister announces that the British military will only draw its numbers from men residing on the isle of Britain
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »

I became involved because the USA- unlike Britain- stand by her allies and when the Muslim world is attacked, the Ottoman Empire is attacked, and the USA is attacked

I sat silent for years watching Britain wreak havoc on peoples across the world, silent because of our alliance....but my silence has ended. For a century- Britain has dominated the world. And power corrupts, my friends....you see it here. But the pendulum swings- and it is swinging back now
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »

In 1776- after a history of tyranny ruling our homeland, my American forefathers declared independence and fought with every ounce of their being to free themselves from their British masters. That war was successful. When the British came back a generation later in 1812 and burned our capital- we fought back, and won again. Since that time- the USA has gone through turbulent times, but we have come out a proud and strong nation, with freedom for people at home and without oppression of peoples abroad

Since that time- in the century that followed- Britain has had unchallenged dominance over the world. They have used such dominance to plant their flag over a quarter of the world....to seize land from the people there and claim it for tyrants in London. They have plundered these lands of their people and resources. They have raped and pillaged countless villages. They have committed genocide. They have quashed rebellions with an iron fist- killing those who simply want to be free, because they simply wanted freedom

After a century of British tyranny- on which the sun never sets- the world has come to realize the danger in allowing these tea-sipping tyrants to to rule the world. Just as my forefathers did in 1776, I see it as my American duty to end the British era and move the world to freedom, peace, and prosperity yet again

I have coordinated with my allies in the Triple Entente, both of whom are world leaders and have led their nations with humility and grace- this is why their nations are growing in power. I have met with congressional leaders of both parties and kept them informed. I have called my cabinet for an emergency meeting and discussed with all of the above the steps I feel we must take.

The time has come: the United States hereby declares war on the British Empire

We seek a world free of tyranny- in which every man, woman, and child on God's green earth has a right to live in freedom
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »

I hereby announce the annexation of Canada into the United States- and we declare that independence will be immediately granted pending the approval of a referendum supervised by the Canadian authorities with the logistical support of the US military in Canada

To the Canadian people- we welcome you as brethren who have been oppressed, as we were, by British tyrants. We are here to help you gain independence not as a quid-pro-quo as the British are offering, but because you as God's people deserve to be free

I say the same to the Indians, Africans, and all others under Britain's tyrannical rule- you deserve freedom, and you will have it as soon as we can defeat your despotic rulers. We have beaten them before- we will beat them again

I hereby order the seizure of all British assets to help finance the war effort- and the arrest of all British nationals within our borders
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »

I echo the sentiments of my friend the Sultan

To France- we respect your neutrality, and we respect you all the more for attempting to salvage peace. Britain's offenses are too numerous to list, and are over the course of centuries. The French were instrumental in helping us free ourselves from their tyrannical rule....we have always admired our French allies and we continue to do so. We remain committed to peaceful, prosperous, mutual beneficial relationship with France
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »

Perhaps the Prime Minister needs some new glasses

I announced an immediate referendum regarding their independence

You, sir, are only granting them such a referendum if they send their sons to die for you!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »

Also allow me to remind you- that I am no "green" President

I was an assistant to President Lincoln- who freed the slaves

So I'd bite your tongue, Prime Minister, before throwing racist accusations at me, particularly after what you oversaw in the Boer War!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2014, 03:26:56 PM »

We regret France's impending defeat
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2014, 03:30:56 PM »

The USA hereby declares war on France

Empires come and go....France has had its time and now that time is ending. It shifts from the British and French to the New World and to Germany, the Ottomans, and others who choose to stand with us

All French assets are now frozen,and all French nationals are to be arrested
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »

We regret France is now at war with our two closest allies.

No one regrets it more than I, I can assure you.
That feeling will only grow, Prime Minister Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »

OOC....Spamage- Canada should now be red ;-)

Back as President Hay

To the Tsar- unless they are needed to reinforce units further west, my brigade of 5,000 in Turkestan will seek the direction of your commanders for how they can be the most helpful
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2014, 05:24:56 PM »

OOC....I've had conversations to this regard, and both Lumine and Windjammer can attest and Lumine was CCed. I kept congressional leaders in the loop and I do have a majority there already- and with my propaganda comparing this to 1776, patriotism/jingoism would be at a fever pitch in the USA at this point
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2014, 06:37:40 PM »

The USA joins our Ottoman allies in welcoming our Italian allies in the fight against the old tyrannical powers of Britain and France

We look forward to working with them to lead a new world order in which freedom and respect for all peoples is the basis
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2014, 07:35:50 PM »

Canadian Propaganda

"American Brings Freedom"

The President of the United States orders an immediate referendum- overseen by Canadian authorities- upon approval of which, Canada will be an independent nation

There are words, and then there are deeds. Listen not to British words- Look instead at American deeds
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »

If I were sieizing Canada- I would not immediately be granting them independence! I am giving them what you failed to give them as their tyrant....FREEDOM!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2014, 09:47:20 PM »

Perhaps you should read several of my earlier statements regarding the British Empire's centuries-long record of conquering other peoples of the world and subjecting them to brutal treatment
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »

I agree that jingoism and ego are an explanation........for why the British Empire has behaved the way it has for centuries!!! ;-)

OOC.... This old man is off to hit the hay....pleasure playing this game with you fine folks
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

X President John Hay

It is my honor to sign this agreement with furthers the ties between the USA and our Japanese friends....may the world's largest ocean always live up to its name- Pacific indicates peace, and with Japan and the USA moving forward together, peace is what our future entails
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

I call a meeting with the House Speaker Joseph Cannon- a Republican- and other congressional leaders to urge the speedy passage of a bill ending any discriminatory policies against Japanese
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »

The Empire of Japan will have the full support of the US Navy's Pacific Fleet

The Emperor eloquently expressed our joint view that the old powers of Europe ought to let the rest of the world live in freedom from their colonial oppressors
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2014, 09:39:30 PM »

We made no attempt to disguise our efforts to strike at our enemies' transportation networks and command centers, which is what a royal palace is for a nation like Britain in which their people are still forced to bow simply because some rotten-tooth teabag won the lottery at birth. We do this because we are at war with those old, tired, crumbling nations.

We did not do so in Russia- we had signed peace with them beforehand and we have proven that we honor our agreements and when we feel we will be able to no longer, we inform them, supported by the fact that we publicly voided our treaty with Britain before the war. We had made a peace agreement and we honored it, and we- my allies and I- have since made another agreement signifying the peace and friendship that exists currently between our nations and the Russian Empire....demonstrated by my having place under the Tsar's command an American brigade for his Turkestan campaign
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2014, 11:01:42 PM »

I deny your absurd propaganda- but would point out that if we ever were guilty of your accusations of racism and genocide, we would have only done as our mother nation had taught us
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies