Canadian federal election - 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:55:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian federal election - 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian federal election - 2015  (Read 227216 times)
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
« on: June 08, 2013, 02:52:30 AM »

Could I ask how the boundary changes are coming along (and by association calculation of the notionals from 2011 as well)?
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:30:13 AM »

Could I ask how the boundary changes are coming along (and by association calculation of the notionals from 2011 as well)?

The notionals are usually calculated by Elections Canada, once the map is finalised in all provinces. For now, it's finished in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba and Alberta.

Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan and British Columbia are left (the three biggest provinces and the one which current map is a blatant gerrymanderer and than Government is fighting to keep).

Official website: http://www.redecoupage-federal-redistribution.ca/content.asp?document=home&lang=e

I have just phoned Elections Canada and they have said that they will send me the information about the new ridings when they are formally published however, they said that they had NOTHING to do with the notionals. Perhaps if I explain what I mean by notionals, someone will tell me where such information is kept.

"Notionals" in the UK are the name given to calculations done by the University of Plymouth (headed by Prof. Thrasher and Rallings) where each new riding is calculated as if it existed at the last election) as we had at the last election. It is THESE calculations that I am looking for
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:28:27 AM »

Does anyone know where I can find a good Canadian election calculator?

I've created a spreadsheet (using the same information as Smid) which can easily be changed into a calculator. If you are interested, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies