New Hampshire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:10:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New Hampshire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Hampshire  (Read 5636 times)
briancw
Rookie

« on: May 28, 2005, 12:30:56 AM »

It's becoming a lot more Democratic. The only really conservative part is Rockingham and Hillsborough counties, which happen to account for most of the population. Where I live (Rockingham county) is definitely very conservative, but the western part is pretty liberal. The people aren't socially conservative. But they really hate taxes. Which doesn't make sense when you're paying 3500 in property taxes just to save an income tax. But anyways, it's not as conservative as she described.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 10:51:27 PM »

Who could be sick of liberalism!
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »

I think the conservatives, i.e the Bush administration are the ones doing most of the curtailing of freedom here. Restricting marriage, The Patriot Act, new stem cell research blocks...I think the conservative leadership has done much more to cut back on freedom than Democrats have done, or tried to do. Just my opinion.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 06:01:06 PM »

Of course there is no prohibition of research, on the EXISTING stem cell lines that is. There is definitely blocks in place to prevent the creation of new stem cell lines.

As for the marriage issue, it isn't clear to me how the two can be said to be unequal. They're both the exact same thing and should be regarded as equal.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 07:12:24 PM »

Biology doesn't have anything to do with the relationship. Marriages between sterile people are still marriages.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 08:25:15 PM »

I think I am too liberal for this forum.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 09:36:22 PM »

They aren't people.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 10:15:12 PM »

I will revise that. They aren't any more intelligent and don't have any more feeling than inanimate objects.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies