The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:19:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps!  (Read 172969 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« on: December 30, 2020, 04:43:28 PM »

I just won 1976 on Impossible difficulty with a perfect recreation of the actual map:

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 06:31:55 PM »

Won 1948 on Impossible despite narrowly losing Ohio and California plus some smaller Western states because I won New York.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 10:05:00 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2021, 10:09:01 PM by Alben Barkley »

Won 1948 on Impossible despite narrowly losing Ohio and California plus some smaller Western states because I won New York.

Congrats, Alben Barkley. What a weird map. I've never had New York vote for Truman while Idaho, Nevada, and Wyoming vote for Dewey.

It might have something to do with the fact that I never visited the Plains/Mountains states when prompted. I think I did the Midwest three times and west coast once (or maybe it was each twice). I lost all those states by like a point or less. I did visit New York 3 times as you see plus for the final day, but I was actually kinda surprised I won it. Was down there in the final poll, didn’t visit the east coast when prompted. Expected to win CA+OH instead, more like the real map.

By the way, that’s a pretty impressive map for 1968 Humphrey on Impossible. I assume you won the debate and exposed Nixon’s treachery? Seems I usually have to get lucky enough to get both to win at that difficulty.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 07:57:40 PM »

Was able to recreate Nixon’s 1968 map on Impossible:

And I did it with Rockefeller as my VP, attending the debate, taking moderate positions on everything, disavowing racism and the Southern Strategy, and not committing treason.

See! It was possible!

Sadly, did not win New York however despite choosing Rockefeller and despite heavily targeting it. Very close though.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 07:02:21 PM »

Identical map to real 1860. Popular vote almost identical too.

Hard instead of Impossible, which for this campaign is pretty much... impossible.

Note about New Jersey: Douglas/the Democratic fusion ticket won the popular vote there in real life but Lincoln was awarded one more EV anyway. I actually did slightly better than the real Lincoln there, by a fraction of a point, but the game only takes into account popular vote so it shows I “lost” it.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 03:32:33 AM »

Once and for all, why not the best?

I'm pretty sure this is the best possible map you can get with Carter, although it says I "only" did better than 97% of other players. So perhaps the top 3% uses hacks/cheats/exploits, because I can't seem to win Colorado (closest loss every time) no matter what I do. Just locking down both Vermont and New Hampshire, along with Kansas at the same time, is very difficult.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies