Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:26:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)  (Read 20054 times)
Kodratos
Ataturk

« on: November 06, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

The best is easily Utah County, UT because it is actually heavily populated. Provo and Orem are there.

Kerry 10.8% 11,893   
Bush 86.3% 95,039
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 03:39:06 PM »

If I put a picture of Thomas Jefferson in my sig would you call me racist?

Good one. TJ owned slaves! I've never heard of George Wallace doing anything like that.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 03:42:14 PM »

1. Did thomas Jefferson base a presidential campaign on the basis of segregation?

2. Wasn't everyone a flaming racist in the early 1800s, especially in the region from which Jefferson hailed?

(Hint: Q1: No; Q2: Yes)

No everyone was not a flaming racist in the early 1800's. Ever heard of Quakers? Amish? William Lloyd Garrison?

Which do you think is worse, owning slaves, or basing a campaign around segregation? If you say the former then you need counseling quick.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 03:47:30 PM »

1. Did thomas Jefferson base a presidential campaign on the basis of segregation?

2. Wasn't everyone a flaming racist in the early 1800s, especially in the region from which Jefferson hailed?

(Hint: Q1: No; Q2: Yes)

No everyone was not a flaming racist in the early 1800's. Ever heard of Quakers? Amish? William Lloyd Garrison?

Which do you think is worse, owning slaves, or basing a campaign around segregation? If you say the former then you need counseling quick.

White males from virginia were predominantly racist.

Even if you argue that owning slaves as a rich white male from virginia was off-the-wall (lol) then answer the question about the basis of the campaigns.

Because most people owned slaves that makes it right?

Owning slaves at any period in time is wrong, but you seem to think otherwise. Segregtation was also accepted in the south at the time of George Wallace's campaign.

You can't even follow your own logic.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 03:57:11 PM »

Your signature is a map of the worst most bigotted elitist sh**thole in the US. History has proven the North east is ACTUALLY the most racist region in the US. Typical hypocrite 13 year old.

You had to bring my age into the equation to form an argument?

Bastard

You have a lot to learn son.

Like what?  Learn how to be a stupid redneck homophobe like you and the people you drink stale beer with when watching a rerun of last night's Pepsi 200?

This is why your section of the country is absolutely useless.

You got it backwards.

You're section of the country places propositons on the ballots (and passes then in wacko numbers) that deny financial rights to tens of thousands of people, and maybe more, that you never met.

They dont have "rights" what a joke.

They don't have the rights that you and I do, not because of what they have done in life, but because of WHAT THEY WERE BORN LIKE.  It's like segregation.

People aren't born homosexual. Its a disease of the mind and soul.

Untrue.

Bue let me say this:

"People aren't born black. Its a disease of the mind and soul."

Makesjust as much sense.

Actaully no. You can prove people are born Black, you cannot prove people are born homosexual. Until you can, Statesrights is entitled to his opinion.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 04:00:02 PM »

Actaully no. You can prove people are born Black, you cannot prove people are born homosexual. Until you can, Statesrights is entitled to his opinion.

But people can become unblack.  Look at Michael Jackson.

Plus I bet some whacko scientist has done something chemical to figure out that people are born gay.

Then by your logic people can become ungay, correct?

No there is no scientific evidence to suggest gays are born gay. It's an unprovable theory.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 04:12:57 PM »

You don't chose pedophilia, either.

Gays can get "married" in whatever church they want, as long as it's okay with the church. Stop trying to force your bigoted views on society.
What the curch thinks doesn't matter.

It does to gay Christians.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 04:23:34 PM »

Gays can get "married" in whatever church they want, as long as it's okay with the church. Stop trying to force your bigoted views on society.

An Oxy Moron...much like Pro Choice Christian.

Here's where I come down on ya. Homosexuality is a sin, no doubt about it. But to say it is a major sin is ridiculous. It cannot even begin to be compared to abortion. I see homosexuality as a sin comparable to alcoholism. Both are breifly condemned in the Bible and both have similar characteristics.

So can one be an alcoholic and a Christian? Obviously the answer is yes. Can one be a homosexual and a Christian? In my opinion, yes.

Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 04:32:30 PM »

An Oxy Moron...much like Pro Choice Christian.

Here's where I come down on ya. Homosexuality is a sin, no doubt about it. But to say it is a major sin is ridiculous. It cannot even begin to be compared to abortion. I see homosexuality as a sin comparable to alcoholism. Both are breifly condemned in the Bible and both have similar characteristics.

So can one be an alcoholic and a Christian? Obviously the answer is yes. Can one be a homosexual and a Christian? In my opinion, yes.

So you can be a Christian and believe you will go to heaven if you willfully continue to sin? Now if a homosexual renounced their disgusting actions and begged forgiveness then they could go to heaven. If they kept committing the abomination then no they can't.

You call their actions disgusting not because they are sinful, but because of your own predjudices. This is what eeks me when the christian-right denounces homosexuality and focus on it in a major way. More often than not thier criticisms have more to do with personal feelings versus scriptural teaching.

Do you believe an alcoholic can go to heaven? According to the Bible it is a sin, and is mentioned more times than homosexuality. Can cigarette smokers go to heaven? That is obviously self-mutilation, a sinful act also mentioned more times in the Bible.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 04:38:49 PM »

Homosexuality much like alcoholism is slapping God in the face, plain and simple. If a child acts up and you tell him/her no and they continue to keep being bad and they keep telling you, "I'm sorry" at what point would you quit believing them?

Any sin is slapping God in the face, and yet we all continually do it.

Now to Philip, any Church that marries gays is obviously blasphemous.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 04:44:41 PM »

Homosexuality much like alcoholism is slapping God in the face, plain and simple. If a child acts up and you tell him/her no and they continue to keep being bad and they keep telling you, "I'm sorry" at what point would you quit believing them?

Any sin is slapping God in the face, and yet we all continually do it.

True enough.  But the goal of faith in God is to better us and I can not understand how intentionally committing a sinful act can be acceptable and then expect God to forgive you for it.

I didn't say it was acceptable! I said somebody can be gay and a Christian, like somebody can be an alcoholic and a Christian. It's wrong, and churches should teach that it's wrong, but my point is that it isn't nearly as bad as some would like to make it out to be, nor does it exclude you from God's family.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies