Obama to CEO's, “I'm the only thing between you and the pitchforks.” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:05:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Obama to CEO's, “I'm the only thing between you and the pitchforks.” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to CEO's, “I'm the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”  (Read 3255 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 04, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »

... Obama.... wants a different system, a system I (and many others) are well aware of.[/url]

But, as usual, you are too coy to tell us what you are supposedly 'aware of'.  You're like a coquettish teenage girl you are, SS.

The key point is that when and if the people of this country (to quote certain other people) view government as an accomplice and not as a law enforcer, it's all over and rhetoric can't save your ass.  Maybe for good. 

We're too close to that for my comfort (hanging by the string of a thread really).

You crazy bastard, the government is already and incredibly obviously 'the accomplice of the people' - if by 'the people' we mean the actual citizens of the country:  The owning class.

I have nothing against your clinging to privilege, Spade, just try not to be so intellectually dishonest or stupid, whichever it is.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 06:52:34 AM »

I really like the image of our President standing up to these titans of finance. It kinda reminds me of TR and the barons of industry. And that is likely how they will be viewed in the history books, with the new regulation seen as the equivalent of TR's trust-busting regulation.

Obama isn't this...

Rather, he's this...

Think about it for a second and it'll become clear...

Actually, I'll post a couple of articles in a few minutes to help.

Oh, yes, at first I was unclear on this.  But now, that you've shown me the pictures of a good old fascist and a fake wop its all transparent.  What an troll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies