Two Part Question on One Path/Multiple Paths and need for Evangelism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:44:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Two Part Question on One Path/Multiple Paths and need for Evangelism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Please see the body of the post for the question
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Two Part Question on One Path/Multiple Paths and need for Evangelism  (Read 1788 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: May 19, 2022, 10:23:31 AM »
« edited: May 19, 2022, 10:52:05 AM by RINO Tom »

No/No

Nothing about my life experiences and contemplations about reality have led me to believe the “eternal answers” to questions like “Is there a God?” will be simple or “Yes/No” … I highly suspect that the grand truth of the Universe is far more interesting and complex than most Christians or atheists or whatever would like to believe.  Given that, I think there are infinite ways for an individual to go down said “path” toward finding some sort of spiritual truth.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 01:39:49 PM »

Yes/Yes (Atheism is the objective truth, and its important morally that people not be allowed to mislead others with religious promises that can never be kept)

Simple minded take.  Such a disingenuous and stupid use of “objective.”

By the very nature of the debate, one could literally never prove atheism as “truth.”  No matter what side of this eternal question you land on, it IS simply your guess that you’re making without all necessary information.  Smart, well-adjusted and functionally interpersonal people on both sides get that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies