Who is the... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:48:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Who is the... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is the...  (Read 1094 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: June 29, 2015, 10:14:41 PM »

Hmmm, maybe the President can start appointing a Secretary of the Wiki? (Or maybe "Secretary of National Records" as it sounds more formal.)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 05:25:19 AM »

Yeah, that actually sounds better!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:30:19 PM »

In the special Senate election, two of the three candidates to have spoken thus far (Poirot has declared but not yet said anything) have explicitly called for a National Archivist, and Truman seemed to imply approval for it, or at least another solution for the problem. Yankee, a current Senator obviously, also seems to be in favor of this (or at least another solution). And no one seems to be against the idea.

So, there seems to be support for the idea.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:54:02 PM »

Just updated the statute page and stopped as soon as I lost the will to live. More of it later, presumably.

Basically that's the issue: it's tedious work in the extreme and not really appreciated. We should train monkeys to do it.

You might be on to something, by having non-humans do it.

Is there a way to create a computer program to update the wiki with dry facts (information on laws, election results, etc.) and people can add more interesting stuff (biographical pages on citizens, events in Atlasian history, etc.)?

Who the hell would want the job of "Wiki Secretary"?
Presumably one of the morons who thinks that everything is a-okay in Atlasia right now and that, if we just tried harder (Smiley) things would get active and hunky-dory again!

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm not saying Atlasia's "a-okay." I'm just saying that we should try to make it better with new ideas and probably new people (I detailed it more on the Doomsday Poll thread).

This isn't a matter of realists (you) vs. naive optimists (me), this is a matter of pessimists (you and other Doomsdayers) vs. people who want to find solutions to make it survive. Positioning yourself as the Only Sane Man in this debate is fallacy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies