The Office of Senate Speaker Cris - On President's executive order on S. America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:21:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Senate Speaker Cris - On President's executive order on S. America
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Office of Senate Speaker Cris - On President's executive order on S. America  (Read 9080 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »

Summary | PM | Post

On election results.

I'd like to congratulate with Speaker Bore and Senator Bacon King for their victory in the presidential election. Senator Bore is an active Senator and I'm sure he will be an active President. A special thanks to Maxwell and JCL for their positive campaigns, that made the election very interesting.
Also I hope that the President-elect will follow the example of President Lumine and will be a reformer like him.

Congratulations to Senator Cranberry for his re-election in the Pacific. He is a good Senator and I'm sure he will continue to doing his job well.
Congratulations to Senator Windjammer of Mideast on his win. He is one of my best friends in the game and I'm glad to continue the work with him.
Congratulations to Senator-elect Talleyrand of Northeast. Working with you will be an honor.
Congratulations to Hagrid for his victory in the South and a special farewell to Senator North Carolina Yankee, that has been an example for me and for all of us. Thank you for your service.
And also congratulations to Senator TNF of my home-region of Midwest. I hope that, at least in the new Senate, he will be a more common-sense Senator and will work to improve things, without a lot of objections to amendments that improve things.
As for the presidential race, a special thanks to Cynic, Matt, Spiral and Dereich for their positive campaigns.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 01:49:32 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2015, 01:54:09 PM by Senator Cris »

Summary | PM | Post

On attempt at Windjammer's life, new amendment.

The Game Moderator reported that a bomb has been sent to Senator Windjammer's office at the Capitol Hill.
Fortunately, the bomb's explosion was of a low intensity and a Capitol mail worker was slightly injuring.
I wish a full recovery to the Capitol mail worker and I express my closeness to my collegue of Mideast. I hope that there will be clarity and justice as soon as possible.

Today, I presented an amendment at the "No More Witchhunts Act". I support the content of the act proposed by Senator Lief, but at the same time I think that the current title, that suggest that there has been a "witchhunts", is not acceptable.
I hope the Senate will pass my amendment and I can say that without a change of the title, it won't have my support.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 02:32:48 PM »

I congratulate you for having commited yourself 100% to being, as you campaigned on, a problem-solving Senator. Keep up the good work! Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 02:56:10 PM »

I congratulate you for having commited yourself 100% to being, as you campaigned on, a problem-solving Senator. Keep up the good work! Smiley
Thanks! Smiley
Much appreciated.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 09:37:21 AM »

Summary | PM | Post

On terror attacks.

A terrible attack shocked our nation. An explosion had occurred at the Keystone Phil Federal Building in the city of Topeka, in my home-state of Kansas and in my home-region of Midwest.
My thoughts are with the families and with the friends of the 18 people died in this horrible attack and with the 55 people injured.
This has been a vile and terrorist attack and I'd like to say that I fully stand with the President and with the government to bring responsible to justice.
This is the largest loss of Atlasian life since the Civil Conflict of the last year. This violence has shaken us all, but now we need to be united against terrorism. We are the greatest nation in the world. We are the Republic of Atlasia.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 02:42:18 PM »

Summary | PM | Post

Civic Renewal.

I'm announcing my intention to leave the Federalist Party. I already informed Senator North Carolina Yankee about my plans.
I was in the Federalist Party until 2013 and I have a lot of friends in the party, but now I feel that the Federalist Party is not my home.
I worked for the party during my time in Atlasia, but now the Federalist Party is not a real party and honestly I don't see any way, at least for the next period, for changing things.
I still wish the best for the Federalist Party and I can say that I'll be still a voice for them in the Senate.

Now, I'm joining President Lumine and others in forming a new centre-right party, Civic Renewal, that will be the home for all the reformers of centre-right. President Lumine has been a reformer during his term, I consider my self a reformer, and I'll work with enthusiasm for this new party.
The doors of the party are open to all Atlasians that want a Civic Renewal in our nation and I'm sure we'll do great things.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 10:14:52 PM »

A question for the esteemed Senator: when you talk about reform, what do you have in mind specifically?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 02:49:07 AM »

A question for the esteemed Senator: when you talk about reform, what do you have in mind specifically?

Thank you for the question.
When I talk about reform, I mean all the attempts to change our game and to improve things.
President Lumine presented a lot of reforms (as the Federal Reform Act, Amendment to Senate rules, Cabinet reform) and I supported all of them.
I tried with Public Consultations, but he hasn't passed the Senate in a very close vote.
Now, I have intention to present new things for changing another aspect of Atlasia and first of introducing it, I'll open a new poll for the citizens, in order to have their concerns and thoughts.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 02:54:47 AM »

Thank you for your reply, Senator. I have seen some of the proposed reforms, and I think there are very good ideas there. I hope to see similar such ideas continue to be proposed.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 03:02:47 PM »

Summary | PM | Post

Survey on Secret Balloting.

Secret balloting is in an interesting issue and considered that the Senators are elected by the people for the people, I'd like to see what our citizens think of secret balloting. So, please vote in my survey.
It's of only 5 questions and with a free space for your thoughts. Thanks for the participation.

Tomorrow, I'll have February Statistics. Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 04:31:12 PM »

Summary | PM | Post

February Statistics, 21st Amendment, OSA.

Voting record:

Federal Reserve Reform Act (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 5-4-0)
Amendment to Senate Rules (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 5-3-0)
Public Non Binding Consultations (Final Vote) - AYE (Failed 3-4-3)
Policy Report Act (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 9-0-0)
Wrong Choice Amendment (Final Vote) - NAY (Failed 0-8-0)
The 21st Amendment (Amendment) - AYE (Passed 5-2-0)
The 21st Amendment (Final Vote) - AYE (Failed 2-4-0)
Anti-Terrorism Act (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 8-0-0)
Confirmation of Kalwejt for GM - AYE (Confirmed 9-0-0)
Federal Employees Labor Relations Act of 2014 (Final Vote) - NAY (Passed 5-3-0)
Federal Employees Labor Relations Act of 2014 (Veto Override) - NAY (Failed 4-4-0)
Public Consultation Bill - AYE (Passed 9-0-0)
Confirmation of Superique for SoS - AYE (Confirmed 8-1-0)
Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2014 (Motion to table) - AYE (Failed 5-3-0)
Two-Thirds resolution (Amendment) - AYE (Passed 8-0-1)
Two-Thirds resolution (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 7-0-0)
Civil Rights Act of 2014 (Redraft) - AYE (Failed 4-5-1)
Civil Rights Act of 2014 (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 10-0-0)
FY 2015 Budget (Lief's Amendment) - NAY (Failed 2-7-0)
FY 2015 Budget (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 6-2-0)
Refuse Certiorari Act (Amendment) - AYE (Passed 4-2-2)
Refuse Certiorari Act (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 8-0-0)
Cabinet Reform Amendment (Amendment #1) - AYE (Passed 4-1-0)
Cabinet Reform Amendment (Amendment #2) - AYE (Passed 6-1-1)
Electoral Reform Amendment (Amendment #1) - AYE (Passed 7-1-0)
Electoral Reform Amendment (Amendment #2) - AYE (Passed 5-0-0)
Electoral Reform Amendment (Amendment #3) - AYE (Passed 7-1-0)
The Set It and Leave it Alone Minimum Wage Act of 2015 (Amendment) - NAY (Passed 5-2-1)
Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014 (Amendment #1) - AYE (Passed 5-1-0)
Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014 (Windjammer assuming sponsorship) - AYE (Passed 6-1-0)
Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014 (Amendment #2) - ABSTAIN (Passed 4-2-1)

Legislation introduced:
Two-thirds Resolution

Amendments introduced:

Amendment at Refuse Certiorari Act (Passed 4-2-2)
Amendment #1 introduced for President Lumine at Cabinet Reform Amendment (Passed 4-1-0)
Amendment #1 at Electoral Reform Amendment (Passed 7-1-0)

Missed votes: 0/31

Today, I reintroduced the 21st Amendment, a text that repeals the 19th Amendment and that is basically the final text not approved by the Senate, but with the automatic part, that allows to both Senators and citizens to present articles of impeachment. 
Also I'm co-sponsoring the Windjammer's legislation that is reintroducing the Cabinet Reform Amendment. It is a good text, but he has not passed because of the absence of some Senators, and I hope that this time it'll pass and that Senators that missed this vote will be more active.

I'd like to thank President Lumine that honored me with the Silver Star of Atlasia. It's an honor.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2015, 09:28:43 AM »

Summary | PM | Post

Results of Secret Balloting poll.

Voters: 29

Q. Do you support secret balloting for Federal elections (President, Senate)?

No 55% (16)
Yes 24% (7)
Not Sure 21% (6)

Q. Do you support secret balloting for Regional elections (Governor, Legislature)?

No 66% (19)
Not Sure 21% (6)
Yes 14% (4)

Q. Assuming that there will be secret balloting for Federal elections. Do you support sending a PM to the SOFE with your vote?

Yes 41% (12)
No 38% (11)
Not Sure 21% (6)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »

Summary | PM | Post

Update on legislation.

Electoral Reform Amendment. We are voting on an amendment, but I opposed it because I think there should be a clear timeline and I think that establish August as the start of the new system is the best solution.

Combating Boko Haram. I like the idea and I'm glad that the Senate rejected the TNF's amendment, that provided not acceptable changes at the original text. I like the amendment presented by Senator Hagrid and I'll support it.

Global Financial Transaction Tax Resolution. Senator Cranberry's amendment at the original bill passed without objection and it is a good improvement, a step in the right direction.

Reintroducing the Efficient Referenda Amendment. I supported it in the past and I'll support it again.
In the past, there were cases of delay in opening the voting booths for the Federal amendments.
With this amendment, it would be responsibility of the SoFE and I think this is very reasonable and that it's the best/only solution for this problem.

Domestic Security Act of 2014. We are debating on it, but honestly I don't see reasons to prohibit the use of tear gas. If it's necessary, I think that the police should use tear gas.

Sunday Rest Act. I have still a lot of doubts on it and I'll vote against in the final vote.

The Set It and Leave it Alone Minimum Wage Act of 2015. My fear is that with the inclusion of interns, we are turning the bill into something different than the original purpose, but there is an interesting debate and I hope it'll improved.

Confirmations. I'll support Averroes Nix for Vice President and Barnes for SoIA. I have still doubts about Sibboleth for Attorney General, considered what happened in the past with terrorism.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2015, 12:57:41 PM »

Summary | PM | Post

Future plans.

At-Large Senator Cris (CR-KS) will do a public announcement about his future plans in the next hours at an event in Portland, OR, Pacific.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 03:15:12 AM »

Summary | PM | Post

Postal Service Community Financial Lending Act of 2015.

Today, I presented an amendment at the Postal Service Community Financial Lending Act of 2015. I like the bill and I'm ready to vote for it, but as pointed out by me and other Senators in the debate, the current numbers of dollars for training and for service are too high. I think that $50,000,000.00 and $75,000,000.00 are the best solution.

Also, in the next days, I'm planning to present an amendment at the Electoral Reform Amendment.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2015, 11:07:09 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2015, 11:08:45 AM by Senator Cris »

Summary | PM | Post

Amendment at Electoral Reform Amendment.

Today, I presented an amendment at the Electoral Reform Amendment.
The members of the commission that will select the Districts are 6 (5 Governors + SoFE) and the Governor seat can't be vacant. The required majority is of 4/5 and 4/5 of 6 is 5. I think we should clarify it and that's why I inserted this in my amendment.
About the special elections: I think the date for stopping special elections should be two weeks before the election date and so I inserted fourteen days instead of thirty-five.

I'll have March statistics in the next days! Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2015, 04:07:49 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 04:05:28 AM by Senator Cris »

Summary | PM | Post

March Statistics.

Voting record:
Cabinet Reform Amendment (Final Vote) - AYE (Failed 5-2-0)
Corporate Charter Renewal Act of 2014 (Motion to table) - AYE (Passed 7-2-0)
Limited Liability Company Abolition Act of 2014 (Final Vote) - NAY (Failed 1-7-0)
Speaker Election - #1 Windjammer #2 TheCranberry (Windjammer elected 5-2)
Averroes Nix for VP (Confirmation) - AYE (Confirmed 8-1-0)
Al Sibboleth for AG (Confirmation) - NAY (Confirmed 6-2-0)
Barnes for SoIA (Confirmation) - AYE (Confirmed 8-0-0)
Sunday Rest Act (Amendment #1) - NAY (Failed 2-7-0)
Sunday Rest Act (Final Vote) - NAY (Failed 3-6-0)
Reintroducing the Efficient Referenda Amendment (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 9-0-0)
Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014 (Amendment #1) - (Passed 5-3-1)
Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014 (Final Vote) - (Passed 5-2-1)
Global Financial Transaction Tax Resolution (Ending debate) - AYE (Passed 9-0-0)
Global Financial Transaction Tax Resolution (Final Vote) - ABSTAIN (Passed 6-1-1)
Domestic Security Act of 2014 (Ending debate) - AYE (Passed 6-0-0)
Domestic Security Act of 2014 (Final Vote) - NAY (Passed 6-3-1)
Adam Griffin for RG (Confirmation) - AYE (Passed 8-0-0)
Combating Boko Haram (Amendment #1) - NAY (Failed 1-7-0)
Combating Boko Haram (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 6-1-0)
The Official Constitution Act (Final Vote) - AYE (Passed 7-0-1)
Talleyrand for Dep. SoFE (Confirmation) - AYE (Passed 7-0-0)
Reintroducing the 21st Amendment (Amendment #1) - NAY (Failed 1-7-0)
Reintroducing the 21st Amendment (Amendment #2) - AYE (Failed 3-4-1)
The Set It and Leave it Alone Minimum Wage Act of 2015 (Amendment #1) - NAY (Passed 7-2-0)
The Set It and Leave it Alone Minimum Wage Act of 2015 (Amendment #2) - AYE (Passed 5-2-0)
The Set It and Leave it Alone Minimum Wage Act of 2015 Amendment #3) - AYE (Passed 7-1-0)
The Set It and Leave it Alone Minimum Wage Act of 2015 (Final Vote) - ABSTAIN (Passed 6-0-1)
Agricultural Policy Act of 2015 (Amendment #1) - AYE (Passed 5-3-0)
Electoral Reform Amendment (Amendment #1) - AYE (Passed 6-1-0)
Electoral Reform Amendment (Amendment #2) - NAY (Failed 3-4-1)
Electoral Reform Amendment (Amendment #3) - NAY (Failed 2-7-0)
Policing the Police Act of 2014 (Amendment #1) - AYE (Passed 7-1-0)
Policing the Police Act of 2014 (Amendment #2) - AYE (Passed 5-1-1)
Policing the Police Act of 2014 (Amendment #3) - AYE (Failed 3-5-0)
Policing the Police Act of 2014 (Amendment #4) - AYE (Passed 5-3-0)
Policing the Police Act of 2014 (Amendment #5) - NAY (Passed 5-4-1)
Policing the Police Act of 2014 (Amendment #6) - AYE (Passed 7-1-0)
Postal Service Community Financial Lending Act of 2015 (Amendment #1) - NAY (Passed 4-3-0)
Postal Service Community Financial Lending Act of 2015 (Amendment #2) - AYE (Failed 3-5-1)

Legislation introduced:
Reintroducing the 21st Amendment

Amendments introduced:
Amendment #2 at Combating Boko Haram (Sponsored for Superique) - (Passed without objection)
Amendment at Electoral Reform Amendment (Withdrawed)
Amendment #3 at Policing the Police Act of 2014 - (Failed 3-5-0)
Amendment #2 at Postal Service Community Financial Lending Act of 2015 - (Failed 3-5-1)

Missed votes: 0/39 (0%)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2015, 03:59:43 AM »

Summary | PM | Post

Presidential Pardon Amendment.

I'm glad to see that the Senate passed both my amendments at the Constitutional Amendment, that now will be named Presidential Pardon Amendment.
I think that this amendment is an important and sensible step and I'm glad to see the good job that the Senate is doing on this.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 08:52:25 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2015, 09:34:10 AM by Senator Cris »

Summary | PM | Post

Vote AYE for common sense amendments.

The polls are opening in 4 of the 5 regions of Atlasia (Mideast, Midwest, Northeast and Pacific. The South's decision is in the Assembly's hands.) on various common sense amendments that the Senate passed in the previous days.
Voting is a civic right and a civic duty and I hope that there will be an high turnout for these amendments and I hope that citizens will vote Aye.

These are the links with the voting booth. Some are opened, some will open in the next hours and I'll update it.

Electoral Reform Amendment. With this amendment, at-large elections will be replaced by district elections. The territory of Atlasia will be divided in 5 districts and each district will elect a Senator. It's a sensible amendment. The Senate worked hard and well to improve it and now it's ready to pass the regions! It'll make our game a lot more interesting than now and I hope that it'll pass. It's an historical occasion.

Mideast (Polls not open)
Midwest (Polls not open)
Northeast (Polls open)
Pacific (Polls open)
South (Debate not open)

Presidential Pardon Amendment. This amendment will prohibit a President to pardon himself, because in Atlasia all of us are equal. I presented various amendments on this and I think it's a sensible, an important and common sense amendment and I'm encouraging you to vote Aye.

Mideast (Polls not open)
Midwest (Polls not open)
Northeast (Polls open)
Pacific (Polls open)
South (Debate not open)

Fairness in Cabinet Obligations Amendment. It will allow the Registrar General to be Senator at the same time. It was pointed out that there isn't a conflict of interests between the two positions. It's a sensible amendment and I hope it'll have your support.

Mideast (Polls not open)
Midwest (Polls not open)
Northeast (Polls open)
Pacific (Polls open)
South (PASSED)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 02:20:22 PM »

Fairness in Cabinet Obligations Amendment. It will allow the Registrar General to be Senator at the same time. It was pointed out that there isn't a conflict of interests between the two positions.

I think there could be conflict of interest because in the Electoral reform amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So a senator (maybe elected from districts) who also holds the RG office could be called to draw the districts.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 03:40:02 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2015, 03:43:20 PM by Senator Cris »

Summary | PM | Post

On the Confederates.

I'm glad to hear that the President and the administration won't negotiate with the confederates, or better with the terrorists. We reject any attempt to divide the Republic of Atlasia.
Also I'm glad to see that Governor Sawx of Northeast is starting to reassert control of his region and I hope that the remaining Governors will do the same in the next hours.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »

Sorry for the lack of updates during this period.
I have the April statistics to post. I'll do it in the next days or I'll make a single post with both April and May. Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 08:16:00 AM »

Summary | PM | Post

On Windjammer, new legislation introduced.

I'd like to thanks Windjammer for his service in the Atlasian Senate. I was honored to work with him in the Senate and outside the Senate in order to improve our legislative body and the nation.

I introduced a legislation that allow the Regional Goverments to designate the set of names of the states and counties by which the Federal Government will recognize them.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2015, 04:27:31 AM »

Summary | PM | Post

GO TO VOTE!

I'd like to encourage my fellow atlasians to go to vote in these elections. I'm endorsing the unity ticket composed by DKrolga and Altsomn Stmarken, but regardless of the candidates that you will support, I think that voting is important for our democracy. Voting is a civic right and a civic duty.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2015, 07:20:48 AM »

Summary | PM | Post

On election results.

I'd like to congratulate with President Bore and Vice President Averroes Nix for their victory in the presidential election. Also I'd like to congratulate with Senator New Canadaland for his victory in the Mideast, with Senator Turkisblau for his victory in the Pacific, with Senator Talleyrand for his victory in Northeast, with Senator-elect Snowguy for his victory in the Midwest and with Senator-elect PiT for his victory in the South. A special farewell to Senator Hagrid, that will be missed in the Senate.

Also I'd like to thank Presidential candidate DKrol, former President Lumine and Northeast Senate candidate RPryor03 for their contribute. Their candidacies were unsuccessful in terms of determining the winner, but their candidacies were successful in terms of activity. Civic Renewal was one of the most active parties in this election and I'm proud of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies