Can the GOP be considered a Trump cult if it votes to acquit Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:41:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Can the GOP be considered a Trump cult if it votes to acquit Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Title
Yes
No
Undecided
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Can the GOP be considered a Trump cult if it votes to acquit Trump?  (Read 659 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: February 13, 2021, 02:17:40 PM »

Honest question here. If the party votes to acquit someone who basically told a mob to invade the Capitol to stop the Electoral College count, does that party even stand for anything anymore? Do they still stand for the Constitution, that they claim to love so much? I mean during the Trump presidency, we saw that the only thing that they passed were tax cuts and judges. We had numerous articles about Mitch McConnell and other top Republicans being unhappy with Trump's actions. Yet, here we are, is the party a cult at this point? Is unflinching loyalty to Trump, now the sole requirement of being a Republican? Does anyone still trust that the Republican Party respects democracy?

It's a sad day, when this is actually a serious thread, and not some trollish, "haha gotcha" thread, but we live in sad times, sadly. My vote goes to Yes, for the reasons I outlined above, and as a former Republican, I am deeply saddened to see the party go this route.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies