SB 2018-246: The HELIOS Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:54:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2018-246: The HELIOS Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2018-246: The HELIOS Act (Passed)  (Read 1022 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« on: July 04, 2018, 03:22:21 PM »
« edited: July 04, 2018, 03:25:52 PM by Senator Haslam2020 »

For the record, I'm fine with the bill. I like the idea of making college more affordable, and I think the method of payment is reasonable. I do stand with wxt's sentiment while voting aye Smiley

Aye.

This. Aye.

Not enough of our kids are getting a quality education, mostly due to the situation they’ve been born in. An education is valuable, and if our government can spend hundreds of billions more dollars on the Military than other countries, I’m positive our kids can get a quality education without having to choose between basic services and an education.

I definitely wish we had more time to debate this, and share my colleagues’ same concerns with the rules. I believe it’s never right to vote on a bill before debate, and I believe we need to change some of those rules. This is a good bill though, and it’s been debated before, but I definitely share my colleagues’ sentiments.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:50:59 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies