Who can not love Laura? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:39:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who can not love Laura? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who can not love Laura?  (Read 1854 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: May 01, 2005, 03:11:23 PM »

Then I thought about a possible Presidential race between Hillary and Laura....   Smiley

Hillary would easily win that one. Laura's not exactly the policy wonk Hillary is. Issue familiarity still counts for something these days
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 03:33:09 PM »

Then I thought about a possible Presidential race between Hillary and Laura....   Smiley

Hillary would easily win that one. Laura's not exactly the policy wonk Hillary is. Issue familiarity still counts for something these days

I'll aggree with Akno here. If we are voting off of leadership, Mrs. Clinton would win. If it's just popularity (as it usaually is) then Lura would win in fairly wide landslide. Let's face it, Hillary was the first First Lady in history to have lower approval ratings then her husband.

That's because Hillary was the first First Lady in history to use her power politically, which made her a divisive figure. She didn't try to be popular.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 05:40:34 PM »

Akno, Hillary would not beat Laura. Laura might not be as active in politics compared to Hillary but she does have a bit of knowledge in the area and is much, much more likable than her would be opponent.

Laura would actually have to campaign, which means she couldn't keep her pristine image intact forever.

What you guys don't get is that she is likable because she isn't political. If she gets political, she'd have lower approval ratings.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies