Gov Bentley R-Alabama: Christians are my brother & sister, non-Christians aren't (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:04:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gov Bentley R-Alabama: Christians are my brother & sister, non-Christians aren't (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov Bentley R-Alabama: Christians are my brother & sister, non-Christians aren't  (Read 2933 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 21, 2011, 01:01:22 AM »

Headline: "New Governor's Words Don't Upset Many in Alabama".

"I don't think he was too smart to say that," 72-year-old Ron Brooks said as he was getting his hair cut at a barber shop in Wetumpka, a suburban town about 20 miles north of Montgomery. But Brooks, a retired employee of a defense contractor, said he's "inclined to agree" with Bentley's statement.

Great. Everytime a southerner complains about the stereotype of their region being dominated by intolerant close-minded rednecks, Dixie bends over backwards to prove it true. Roll Eyes

RE: The Gov. I couldn't give a damn about whether he "apologizes for his remarks"; I'm bothered to hell and back that he actually believes that crap. "Apologizing" for "hurt feelings" and the like doesn't mean crap without actually deciding he realizes he was actually wrong in his beliefs. Otherwise he's still the same old bigot as before, but now insincere to boot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies