Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:57:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA  (Read 80843 times)
pepper11
United States

« on: July 12, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »

If I had an Intrade account I would put some dollars on Huckabee.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »

Should have said Condi.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »

A Democratic Super PAC has spent months compiling oppo research on three of the leading contenders: Pawlenty, Portman, and Rubio:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/exclusive-democrats-dump-opposition-research-on-top-vice-presidential-contenders/?=id2

You must be logged in to read this quote.

VeepMistakes.com won't load for me.

In any case, they apparently have 350 pages of files on Portman, 492 on Pawlenty, and 555 on Rubio.

So they spent millions of dollars to vet the candidates for Romney? I don't see why they were dumb enough to release this before Romney announces.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »

I know Rice was mostly floated as a distraction... but after a bad overseas trip and lagging numbers, she's a risk I'd look into. Almost every swing state poll (and some safe-D states), show Rice being a significant help for Romney.

This. She won't give him the 5% boost a lot of polling shows. But she would be very difficult for the left to brand her as non mainstream. And I think 2 or 3% lasting boost is realistic.  She would be very good at getting the mom vote.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »

pepper11
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »

Looking at the map, I think Ryan "compliments" or boosts the ticket in:
1)Wisconsin
2)Iowa
3)New Hampshire
4)Colorado
*Ohio and Michigan are tough calls because dems might succeed in demonizing regardless of who the VP is, so Ryan's bump may well be negated/irrelevant there.

This. And he can lose Ohio if he wins 3 of those 4.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies