McGovern/Goldwater/Perot (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:43:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  McGovern/Goldwater/Perot (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McGovern/Goldwater/Perot  (Read 5525 times)
dunn

« on: April 08, 2004, 12:17:28 PM »

The more I learn about Goldwater the more respect I get for him. I used to think he was just this right-wing nut, but there was obviously far more to him than meets the eye. No doubt the religious right would have horrified him.

At any rate, both McGovern and Goldwater were men of principle, a real rarity in this day and age. But McGovern just about edges it as far as this hypothetical vote is concerned...
good post and so true
dunn

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 01:05:36 PM »

The more I learn about Goldwater the more respect I get for him. I used to think he was just this right-wing nut, but there was obviously far more to him than meets the eye. No doubt the religious right would have horrified him.

At any rate, both McGovern and Goldwater were men of principle, a real rarity in this day and age. But McGovern just about edges it as far as this hypothetical vote is concerned...
good post and so true

I concur with that. The problem is, I judge politicians a great deal on their ability to rise to the problems of their own time and Goldwater failed on Civil RIghts. I know he wasn't a racist himself and so on, but he still based his electoral strategy on discontent among bigoted racists. I find that hard to forgive, otherwise I would probably vote for him.

Ike was worse on human rights and still a popular president
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies